Windows 7 Missing Login Screen

blksith0

Extraordinary Member
Hello, I'm having this weird problem. Randomly my login screen looks like this.
imgur.com/0X5AH

There's no way to get past that point. It doesn't seem to be loading anything, just sitting there.
I have tried Safe Mode, Startup Repair, sfc /scannow, and nothing seems to work.

I suspect corrupted Windows files, but I'm not sure. Anyone have any solutions to this?
Thanks

According to this post it might be a corrupted Recycle Bin? So he says that he deleted the Recycle Bin folder. Where is this hidden folder? I can boot into Knoppix or something and delete it. Hopefully it recreates itself.

Well, I tried deleting the recycle bin and granting full access permissions for the drive, but it's not working.
I have verbose booting enabled, and the last thing it says before it stops is: Please wait for local session manager. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

And how can I check the Windows Event Viewer without booting up? Is it a file somewhere that I can externally look at? I tried aearching for a method of remotely checking the event viewer, but I didn't find any.

After another Startup Repair attempt it seemed to fix something and now I can boot. Checking the Event Viewer shows a lot of errors that I should probably be concerned about, such as:
The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume
and there's plenty more errors about this driver failing to load:
The AODDriver4.1 service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.

So, I'll look into that and probably run chkdsk /r. Maybe it's time to buy a new hard drive.

I also went ahead and did this. Hopefully that stops the errors.

Last edited:
Back