Windows 8 MISSING MINIMIZE, MAXIMIZE AND CLOSE BUTTONS

Sherry Hale

I am running Windows 8 and I refreshed my computer today. Now when I open a program it displays on the whole screen. The minimize, maximize and close buttons are not there. Also , when I try to go to my main screen the shut down and search are missing. It is like everything has shifted to the right about and inch and I cant see it. I have adjusted the screen resolution and it has not helped. Can anyone tell me how to fix this

If you go up to the top of your window and right click on a blank spot and then hit restore. That should work. It did for me.

In Windows 8 you can reach the search from the charm bar... press [windows key] + [c]
Screenshot (72).png

You can snap your screen to the right by pressing [windows key]+[.]
Screenshot (73).png

if your display is just too far right you can (left) click and hold the top bar to move it over?
Screenshot (74).png

• If this is a web browser, they have a full screen mode, which can be toggled by pressing F11.
  • If this is a metro app then it will not have the min, max and close button typically.
  • If you are using an external monitor then try pressing the auto adjustment button
Also please post a screen shot so we can understand the issue better. You can screenshot your entire desktop by pressing Print Screen sometimes abbreviated as Prt sc

Back