Windows 7 Mistake when reinstalling Win 7 - seem to have set 2 drive to System?

essbase

Drives.JPG
I reinstalled window 7 on a computer that was having issues. I deleted the existing Windows partition/drive and ran the install to that Drive (c). After getting everything reinstalled I was going to image the C Drive. It appears to be linked to another large drive (3tb). That drive didnt show up post win7 install. I went into Drive Management and added a letter thinking it was because it was larger then 2Tb. I am not sure how to proceed to convert the large drive back to a "regular" partition. Any help is appreciated. See snip of drives attached. THANKS!

...I am not sure how to proceed to convert the large drive back to a "regular" partition. Any help is appreciated. See snip of drives attached. THANKS!

What do you mean by "regular partition"?

As far as I can see partition (D) is a healthy NTFS Primary partition (which is normal).
Please help me understand what do you mean by "regular partition".

Last edited:
the active partition on a ntfs is the one the system boots to... it looks like this is the F drive which kicks in first and sends us to the C drive to look for Windows... I would unplug F and D drives so only the C and Dvd-rom remain then reinstall Windows because as it stands now something going wrong with F will make the system fail to boot

I would also plug C drive into Disk 0 * which is always where Windows looks first and having it in Disk 1 spot makes things work slower than they need to ime
* Windows 7 doesn't want to boot to D because 7 is an old system and D is the newer drive

Back