Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Connection Issues

MiYarnStalker

From what I gather, it's not just me. Other devices in my house will stay connection. My Samsung Tab Pro stays online, my Kindle Keyboard stays online. My Moto Z Play will play non-stop music and stream video all day long.
My recently updated 2 year old Windows 10 laptop won't. This just started in the middle of July and it's most annoying. I have contacted my mobile carrier thinking it was a tower issue since others in the area were experiencing the same problem. Turned out, my neighbors who are also suffering the same pain also have newer laptops that recently updated to 1903.
I've Googled for help, found tutorials, followed them, tried them. Today, it took me over 15 minutes to log into my new back account to send a secure message. No, it wasn't an issue logging in. It was an issue just to stay connected long enough to type the message and have it actually go somewhere. All I gotta say is it's a good thing I can type over 90 wpm.
Are there any other suggestions?
Something has to give. Can I complain to Microsoft? I sure now how to complain when I'm not happy about something and, after being in customer service my entire life, I am a cordial and respectful complainer. :)
I am getting really exhausted reading e-mails on my cell phone and tablet and really am not a big fan of that small wireless keyboard that I use for those.
Thank you,
MiYarnStalker
Yes, I am addicted to yarn.

The first thing I would try is the troubleshooter.
  • Press [Windows key +i]
  • Type Troubleshoot and select "Available Recommended Troubleshooting"
  • There should be one for wireless (Internet Connection)
Also if you can upload your network settings by doing the following
  • Press [Windows key + r]
  • Type cmd and press enter
  • Type netsh wlan show all > %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\network_config.txt
  • Upload the network_config.txt file located on your desktop

• Press [Windows key +i]
I have gone through the troubleshooting described first already. When and if I get my laptop to connect and stay connected tomorrow I will attempt the second part of your suggestion. I'm using my phone now.

I moved this thread to 'help'... the tutorial space is not for general questions

• Press [Windows key +i]
I have gone through the troubleshooting described first already. When and if I get my laptop to connect and stay connected tomorrow I will attempt the second part of your suggestion. I'm using my phone now.

I followed the directions and now have this long .txt file here on my screen but am not finding a way to upload, save or print. If I print screen I will have more than one page. Is there a particular section that has the information that I'm looking for?

I followed the directions and now have this long .txt file here on my screen but am not finding a way to upload, save or print. If I print screen I will have more than one page. Is there a particular section that has the information that I'm looking for?

As you can see I was having a connection issue just trying to reply. Ok. I'll see if this goes. I got disconnected once again. If I was using my tablet I'd have a constant connection. This morning I was online for over two hours with no interruption. Here, on my laptop I get about two or three minutes which doesn't give me much of a chance for accomplishing anything. After my last week of having my VZ account breached by someone who wanted a new iphone Max I'm cautious about sharing anything these days.

I was wondering if there was. Thank you!
When I'm back on my laptop I'll do that and share the results.
My sister might want this info as well since she has been experiencing the same time with her laptop. She's an at&t subscriber running on windows 10 and her mobile hotspot.

Back
Top Bottom