Windows 7 Most likely caused by faulty hardware or drivers, not quite sure which

Xylon

BSOD most likely caused by faulty hardware or drivers, not quite sure which and how to proceed

So I've been getting BSODs now and again. It usually happens when I'm playing a game, or sometimes right after. I assume it is a hardware or driver error due to "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL".

I've noticed that the amount of blue screens I get seems to decrease when I open up my case, which leads me to believe that it might've been temperature related. This is why I recently cleaned my entire computer's interior to make sure it simply wasn't dust that had been collecting over the past year. Unfortunately this did not help.

The rate of blue screens isn't really high. One day it might be four, another day one or maybe even none.

I've been looking for a tool which writes all temperatures, CPU, GPU, etc to a simple text file which I can then open and look at after a blue screen. Unfortunately I haven't found a decent tool to do this yet.

A few days ago I also did a complete format of my computer and installed a clean version of Windows 7 together with Service Pack 1. Unfortunately this didn't help either, because after playing a game for a while I got a BSOD.

I also ran Windows Memory Diagnostic which didn't find any errors. I know, it isn't Memtest, but I haven't been able to run that yet.

Anyway, I've added the basic files from the SF Diagnostic Tool and screenshots from every tab in CPU-Z. I also added some info to my profile, but I think most of that is also in the screenshots.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could look at the files and see if they can find something wrong. Maybe certain drivers that I should install, et cetera.

Attachments

• Seven Forums.zip
    1 MB · Views: 274
Last edited:
Re: BSOD most likely caused by faulty hardware or drivers, not quite sure which and how to proceed

So I'm wondering whether I did something wrong.

• Did I forget to add certain information?
  • Are there some basic steps I should have taken first?
  • Is this a common problem which can easily be solved by googling?
  • Was my post too long?
  • Or is it simply something that you do not have an answer to?
One thing I'll do now is update my BIOS, which seems to be suggested a lot.

I don't want to seem impatient, I was just wondering about the above and whether there is anything I can do to help.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom