[Motherboard drivers for windows 8] should I download them from Motherboard page?

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Hardware' started by StefaNafetS, Dec 12, 2012.

1. StefaNafetS

StefaNafetS New Member

The Intel P61/H61 Utility DVD containing chipsets/Serial-ATA/Network/Audio Drivers and bios doesnt run with windows 8. So should I download them from mother board page? Should I download the lates bios too if so ?
    This is my motherboard GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-P61-S3 (rev. 2.0)

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Excellent Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

The Motherboard manufacturer is normally the best place to get drivers. If they are showing Windows 8 drivers, I would probably use those.

Going to a site like Intel for specific drivers might get you a more recent version and probably be fine, but that would be your choice.

Bios updates may help a particular problem. If you system has a way to recover from a bad bios flash, you would be OK, but most folks say if eveything is working, maybe a bios update is not necessary.

I update mine all the time, but I am familiar with the recovery process if something goes wrong.

3. Clintre

Clintre New Member

Why would you not want to install the drivers from the manufacturer's site? Odd question...