Windows 7 movies hang for a little while every 5 minutes in windows 7 ultimate

middo1022

i played an xvid avi (700 m) movie in windows media player of windows 7 in my toshiba satellite l40-18x laptop . and i found that every 5 minutes (about 5 or 4 minutes) the movie slow down and the picture freeze for about 20 seconds and then it continue normal playing and then after another 5 or 4 minutes it did that again and again and again till the movie ended . and this problem never happens with my windows xp in my desktop . i have windows 7 ultimate edition in my laptop . and i don't know what is the problem . is there something wrong with my hardware or with my software ( windows 7 or codac programs) . please help.

WOW , no answer at all

WOW , no answer at all , and only 6 views i think that this forum isn't very helpful . i will search for another one which deal with windows 7 .

You could try updating your drivers to the latest versions if their are any... Try checking your laptop makers web site for your model and any updates will be there. Don't forget that vista drivers will do (usually) if you can't find any 7 drivers...

Maybe there are too many processes running on your computer, bogging it down.

Restart, don't open anything but the movie and see if it plays OK.

If not, post what' sin msconfig starting up with Windows.

Go to Start > Run, and type msconfig, then click the Startup tab.

thank u for your help

thank u , but i am pretty sure that i do have a little programs running in my msconfig and even when i closed almost all of them the problem still occur . what i found is that this problem occur with songs too. is there something wrong with my laptop . i thought that there is something wrong with my hard disk maybe a bad sector . really i am not sure at all ,i just guess .

If you could post your PC's specifications under the UserCP at the top of the page, this would be helpful.

Most information can be gathered by going to Start > Run, and type msinfo32.

Now expand the various components section and input that information.

Back