Windows 7 MP3 Meta-Data Is In File, But Not Showing up

James Thompson

Extraordinary Member
Hi I am having an issue I use Windows 7 and I use WMP to listen to my music. Recently I noticed that sometimes when I download music in a Zip Drive or just a straight File Download that the Album, Artist, Year, All Meta-Data appears to be missing.

If I add it to my library in WMP, I can edit the info, but it is still blank in Windows Explorer, I also cannot edit it either under properties or at the bottom of the file window.

However the initial info is there as if I do a quick convert of the file, the converted file shows up with all the information.

It is almost as if the details are "hidden".

If anyone can give me fix for this. I have uploaded as many screenshots as possible to help explain this better. It looked up the error message given also (0x8007000D), but didn't find a clear answer.

Attachments

• 1 Song with Details in WMP.png
    1 Song with Details in WMP.png
    260.1 KB · Views: 331
  • 2 Song with Details Blank in Windows Explorer.png
    2 Song with Details Blank in Windows Explorer.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 335
  • 3 Song with Details Properties Blank in Windows Explorer.png
    3 Song with Details Properties Blank in Windows Explorer.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 357
  • 4 Attempting to Change Meta Data Song with Details Properties Blank in Windows Explorer.png
    4 Attempting to Change Meta Data Song with Details Properties Blank in Windows Explorer.png
    76.9 KB · Views: 287
  • 5 Error Attempt to Change Meta Data Song with Details Properties Blank in Win. Ex..png
    5 Error Attempt to Change Meta Data Song with Details Properties Blank in Win. Ex..png
    103.3 KB · Views: 320
  • 6 Converting File.png
    6 Converting File.png
    83.5 KB · Views: 300
  • 7 Converted File Showing Meta Data.png
    7 Converted File Showing Meta Data.png
    68 KB · Views: 308
Back