Windows 7 My Computer on Taskbar

Skybok

Hi All,

Since the Libraries function is able to be pinned onto the taskbar, I was wondering if anyone has managed to pin the my computer link onto it.

So what I mean is, you could click an icon on the taskbar and it would launch my comptuer where you would then be able to view your harddrives / disk drives / removable drives / etc etc.

Thanks all,

From Skybok.

:D :D.

P.s. This is my very first post.

Hi All,

Since the Libraries function is able to be pinned onto the taskbar, I was wondering if anyone has managed to pin the my computer link onto it.

So what I mean is, you could click an icon on the taskbar and it would launch my comptuer where you would then be able to view your harddrives / disk drives / removable drives / etc etc.

Thanks all,

From Skybok.

P.s. This is my very first post.

I do not think that is possible, although I would really like to see it happen!

The only workaround that I found was:

Open start menu,
Drag Computer to the taskbar
It will ask if you want to pin Computer to the explorer.
Say yes.

After that, you can access computer from the Jump List of explorer.

Still searching a bit more on this case.

Here's another option:

Right-click on My Computer, choose open, double-click on the C: drive, navigate to the Windows folder and locate explorer.exe. Drag that file to the desktop, and choose Create shortcut here. Rename it to Windows Explorer. Now right-click and choose properties and add this after the .exe. (If it's highlighted, click your mouse button after the .exe),
now hit the space bar and type in /e,C: and choose Apply. Now right-click on that shortcut and choose pin to taskbar,

The line should look like this:
C:\windows\explorer.exe /e,C:

If you have another partition you'd like it to open, simply change it to that drive (Ex. /e,E: brings you to the root of the E: drive if you have partitioned you hard drive.

That answers an interesting question, perhaps?
I have reinstalled several times, and have just installed 32 bit, for the first time. By default, I have Windows explorer on my taskbar. It seems I am alone ????
Anyway, an easier way to achieve the above is to look in Accessories under the start programs. Right click Windows explorer and pin it to the taskbar. You can put in the paramaters as you wish. I also like /n, in my line.
Here is a full list from the Microsoft pages:
Explorer [/n] [/e] [(,)/root,<object>] [/select,<object>]

/n Opens a new single-pane window for the default selection. This is usually the root of the drive Windows is installed on. If the window is already open, a duplicate opens.

/e Opens Windows Explorer in its default view./root,<object> Opens a window view of the specified object./select,<object> Opens a window view with the specified folder, file or application selected.

Examples: Example 1: Explorer /select,C:\TestDir\TestApp.exe Opens a window view with TestApp selected. Example 2: Explorer /e,/root,C:\TestDir\TestApp.exe This opens Explorer with C: expanded and TestApp selected. Example 3: Explorer /root,\\TestSvr\TestShare Opens a window view of the specified share. Example 4: Explorer /root,\\TestSvr\TestShare,select,TestApp.exe Opens a window view of the specified share with TestApp selected.

Back