Windows 7 My computer taking long time to display HDD partitions

Rashid Shahzad

i am facing the problem that every time i am open my computer it takes long time to show the HDD partitions and after take a long time for the process didnt show the HDD untill i restart the system.so please help me to resolve this issue.my system configuration are as under.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 6/12/2009, 12:58:15
Machine name: MANAGER
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7201) (7201.winmain_win7ids.090601-1516)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: Compaq Presario CQ60 Notebook PC
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 2046MB RAM
Page File: 1080MB used, 3010MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7201.0000 32bit Unicode

plz guide to resolve this issue.

Rashid Shahzad.

Hello Rashid.

Do you have anything registered in your shell? Like things that need to load along with folder/drives etc..? These things can slow down the viewing of drives.. Also, how long does it take? 20 sec? 60? 2 min?

Try this:

-> Rightclick "My Computer" -> Choose "Manage" -> Open the "Disk management" on the left...

How long does it take to show the drives/partitions there? As long as usual or longer?

TwinA

Hello Rashid.

Do you have anything registered in your shell? Like things that need to load along with folder/drives etc..? These things can slow down the viewing of drives.. Also, how long does it take? 20 sec? 60? 2 min?

Try this:

-> Rightclick "My Computer" -> Choose "Manage" -> Open the "Disk management" on the left...

How long does it take to show the drives/partitions there? As long as usual or longer?

TwinA

as per your instruction i did but it takes usual time to show partitions in disk management.and i dont know about any registered shell and what it is?? and my computer didnt show the drives/partitions umtill i restart after restart it shows and when i use back button for back than again facing the same problem and then agian system restart.

so please help me to resolve this

yes after reebot one time its fine but then again same problem and didnt show the partitions at all and just show the green process bar on address bar.

Try downloading ShellExtView (previous link) and make a report on the shell extensions in your system.. :) Just to see if theres anything wierd in the shell extensions..

Also, they MAY work.. Do this ->
control panel ->folder options ->view tab ->uncheck 'hide empty drives in Computer Folder'

Back
Top Bottom