Windows 7 My copy of win7 doesnt support touchscreen!

poof

I have an HP AIO touchscreen computer that comes preloaded with win7 pro and works fine. It also has a vga in, so i can plug it in as a secondary monitor on my other computer, but touchscreen doesnt work when i do. I called HP and asked for the touchscreen driver (some touchscreens have special drivers), but they had no clue of anything like that. I thought WiN7 was supposed to come preloaded with it, but if i look for "tablet" settings in my computer, its just not there, even though i see it on my AIO. I dont get it, where is the driver for touch? And will touchscreen still work plugged in as a VGA?

Well yeah, it occurred to me that touchscreen is essentially like a mouse, and ive never seen a mouse connected with a vga cable, so that probably wont work. The issue still is that theres no pen/tablet option on my non-touchscreen win7 pro computer, so if i were to buy a touchscreen it wouldnt work.

Touchscreens normally have a USB connection to handle the information. Win 7 does have the ability, if the equipment is correct.

Ahh! - see if you have the snipping tool on your system, just type snipping in the orb search. If you do then the touch stuff is installed as snipping is part of it.

Basher

Back