Windows 10 My hard drive is failing!

MORR1S

So it's a little more complicated than just a hard drive failure. To be honest I'm not that sure if it is failing to begin with. I am totally clueless when it comes to the inner workings of a computer (like toddler level clueless). My computer is making a clicking noise. However, it's a mouse clicking and I hear it through head phones (asking for whether I can hear it through speakers is out of the question, their fried or something). The clicking has been progressively getting more frequent to where now i hear about half a dozen clicks almost every minute. I don't remember the lag while gaming to be so prevalent too.

I didn't even know what a hard drive was to begin with, so I started planning on buying a new windows 10 pro (I have a windows 7). However, I heard that a windows 10 itself is not a computer it's a program that I just download to a computer. I then thought about buying a new hard drive, but then I don't even know about any places around my area that I can do that. To top it off I don't even know how to insure that I can save all the bookmarks that I set up on my chrome browser. Then there's the programs (games, apps, etc.) that I have downloaded onto my computer. So I don't know what to do for the grand rapture that is to begin soon.

The thing is I'm not sure if I should buy a new hard drive and have someone do some sort of magic mind link and transport all the data off of the sinking ship (current hard drive). I've heard this would cost me hundreds and I've checked that just buying a new computer that has windows 10 on it would cost less than $200.

I'm not a lego builder, so building a new pc is out of the question besides I'm way too frightened of what the consequences were to be if I messed up in any way.

So now what I am asking is what do I do from here to insure that I come out of this whole situation on top. Also, I'm a gamer, so if you could give me any tips of what to get along on the path of this journey that I am soon to travel it would be greatly appreciated.

If the hardrive is clicking, you don't need speakers or headphones to hear it. The clicking is mechanical not electronic.

Since you are hearing mouse clicks, it leads me to believe it's a software issue. It also might be a problem with your mouse. Is there any chance you could try plugging in a different mouse?

Last edited:
If the hardrive is clicking, you don't need speakers or headphones to hear it. The clicking is mechanical not electronic.

Since you are hearing mouse clicks, it leads me to believe it's a software issue. It also might be a problem with your mouse. Is there any chance you could try plugging in a different mouse?

No I dont have another wired mouse, but if it's a software issue how should I fix it?

Well there isn't really a sound associated with the mouse. Might be referring to the refresh sound a browser makes. Honestly if you are completely clueless about computers it might just be worth while to have it checked out at a computer repair shop.

Well there isn't really a sound associated with the mouse. Might be referring to the refresh sound a browser makes. Honestly if you are completely clueless about computers it might just be worth while to have it checked out at a computer repair shop.

I don't have one in my area.

I'll just throw it out there. If you want I can remote into your computer and listen to the "clicking" and maybe help you solve it. I'll be free around 6pm MST. All you would need is to install TeamViewer – Access your computer remotely and share your desktop with friends – it’s free for private use! and PM me the ID and one-time password. It would also be important that you enable audio through team viewer so I can hear the clicking. In Teamviewer Click Extras > Options > Meeting > Check the box "Share computer sounds and music

I'll just throw it out there. If you want I can remote into your computer and listen to the "clicking" and maybe help you solve it. I'll be free around 6pm MST. All you would need is to install TeamViewer – Access your computer remotely and share your desktop with friends – it’s free for private use! and PM me the ID and one-time password. It would also be important that you enable audio through team viewer so I can hear the clicking. In Teamviewer Click Extras > Options > Meeting > Check the box "Share computer sounds and music

Im sorry, although you have been kind enough to help me I will pursue other options. Thank you very much.

Back