Windows 10 My PC1 slow to boot, when PC2 is shut off

hreich

I need help with slow booting of win10..
1.my pc1 is connected via network cable to my router
2. my second pc2C is minix neo win10 media device, connected to same router
3. on that PC2 neo win10 media device i have usb disk1 which has shared movies and series folder
3.i have usb disk2 shared via my router

I mapped on my pc1 machine - folders from usb disk1 (via map network drive).

After a while i noticed that my PC1 takes long time to boot, every time my PC2 is shutdown..
On PC1 because of that i disconnected mapped drive.
The same thing happens everytime my PC2 is shutdown..
Please help me, how to fix the problem..It looks like PC1 is somehow trying to connect to my PC2

I need help with slow booting of win10...

After a while i noticed that my PC1 takes long time to boot, every time my PC2 is shutdown..
On PC1 because of that i disconnected mapped drive.
The same thing happens everytime my PC2 is shutdown..
Please help me, how to fix the problem..It looks like PC1 is somehow trying to connect to my PC2

The "long time to boot" might not be related to the "mapped drive".
However, make sure you also disable the services related to sharing or mapping. Basically, click on Menu and type in "services". Then try to identify which services are related to file sharing and mapping a drive. Disable those services that are related to sharing or mapping one at a time and restart the computer in order to see if it solves the problem.

Last edited:
This is most likely due to the mapped drives. During the login process Windows will spend up to several minutes trying to reconnect existing mapped drives. If you either turn on computer 2 or remove the mapped drives you will see a huge difference in boot/login times. You can also see this with procmon and enable boot logging.

I removed all mapped drives...This is windows log with errors i get everytime my PC2 is shut off during booting of PC1

Here is link to onedrive share with zip with errors from win logs
errors.7z

Attachments

• errors.7z
    2.6 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom