Windows 8 Nagging reader for PDF

charliko

Extraordinary Member
After I installed Windows 8, I had no idea that the Adobe PDF reader would someone be lost. I was bemoaning the fact that I could not just keep the pdf in a window. Well as some are smiling now, I finally realized that maybe the Adobe pdf reader would do that for me. Slowly I am making Windows 8 useful again. I am amazed it took me so long to figure this out. Who would have thought that Uncle Bill's folks would have a new reader? Sorry about my silly question; why state the obvious?

-charlie

Is that Xchange Viewer free or pay for software? I might want to check that out myself.

There are both varieties, The paid for version has an add-on that allows modifying of PDF files. The free version, I believe similar to Adobe Reader and Foxit Reader, does not allow changes to the PDF file.

Similar to Foxit Reader, PDF-XChange Viewer is much less resource intensive and much less in your face than Adobe Reader.

One of the few Metro apps I do use -the built in PDF reader. Very fast. No editing, of course. But I have Nitro handy, only for that. It reads a little slower than MS reader.

One of the few Metro apps I do use -the built in PDF reader. Very fast. No editing, of course. But I have Nitro handy, only for that. It reads a little slower than MS reader.

Hey dave, is that app in the MS store if so what section?

It's not a Store APP, Jim (well technically, maybe but, just a default item in the OS). It's part of the OS, itself. One can add & use 3rd party things (still) but, it is one of the neat things about Windows 8 how much or how many things are native to it... already, built in... its out-of-the-box offerings can certainly simplify things for people... just necessary to do or think about a lot less, being that things are already provided or offered, embedded.

To print w/ it... open a pdf > Charms > Devices, select your printer and...

Remember, everything in Charms goes w/ whatever is being used @ that moment.. whatever APP or screen... Charms 'syncs' to that.

Cheers,
Drew
Win8Logo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back