Windows Vista Need Advice On Choosing Parts

Celestra

Former Moderator
I've been looking for a way to save money and get a really top notch computer. I really need it to be a multi-media 64 bit. I've been looking at these parts- Any suggestions ?

I've been looking for a way to save money and get a really top notch computer. I really need it to be a multi-media 64 bit. I've been looking at these parts- Any suggestions ?

Looks good stuff! Looks like you've done your homework and it should turn out to be a good system.

As for the RAM though..Can you remember the post I made with a link asking the question....How much RAM do we really need? If you recall the conclusion was that 3-4GBs of RAM is all that is needed especially for the typical user.

.Is my monitor To Big ? Acer 22 Inch LCD...Flat Panel. ( I am planning to raise my notebook to 3 gig Ram) Could use at least 3 right now)

I depends on what you want it for... I suppose you could change the card to a 4870 to handle the bigger resolutions better especially if you get a card with a GB of RAM with it..
What about PSU? I can't remember seeing anything about the power supply..........

I depends on what you want it for... I suppose you could change the card to a 4870 to handle the bigger resolutions better especially if you get a card with a GB of RAM with it..
What about PSU? I can't remember seeing anything about the power supply..........

Link Removed due to 404 Error (Cooler Master eXtreme Power 500 to be exact)

You would lose the satisfaction of building it for your self but I guess Dell is such a big company they can do some good offers...

Can you believe what hurts me is that they'll take 20.00 a month and throw in a free upgrade to windows 7.
Smaller monitor, but a Blu Ray Player, comes with 4 gigs ram.
Hate advertising on computer, manufacturer pre-installation may be messing things up for people. Great way to control things too.

Back
Top Bottom