Windows 10 Need advice on 2 issues having

loafty

Honorable Member
hi, I am 65yrs old and have just got Windows 10 on my laptop and am having a few teething issues to say the least but there are 2 that I would like to get sorted out.
1/ 2016 Microsoft Outlook is starting up when I start computer and I don’t want it to,,,,, NOW outlook is not in startup folder, and not showing up in msconfig, and not showing task manager start up, so I just don't have a clue on how to stop it. 2/ every time I install something or go to make changes computer keeps asking am I sure and must have admin approval, I have gone to control panel, user accounts and changed it so I am suppose to be the administrator..... I am really hoping someone can help me with these issues as annoying the heck out of me. Thanks

Hmm... If you just got Windows 10 on the laptop was it an upgrade install?

The reason I ask is because this process can leave the os somewhat 'buggy' and a clean or custom install is more desireable.

Please post the make and model as this always helps.

For the "Outlook keeps loading question" what version of Windows 10 are you on?

To answer your second question
Ever since Windows Vista, Windows has had a feature called UAC (user access control) the TLDR version of UAC is that it's a security feature that makes it very difficult for malware to execute with elevated rights and there are also some virtualization features of it which also help reduce the impact of malware.

When you login the lsass process (what authenticates you) creates two access tokens if you belong to the administrators group and two windows sessions. By default and design you use the less privileged token, called a "filtered admin token" for most things on the computer. When something requires elevated access the UAC is called and requires the user to trigger the elevation. Malware can't hook into this or access UAC. Once you accept the UAC prompt the application or task in question is re-launched with your admin token and it proceeds normally. The admin token is only good for that instance of the application you elevated anything else is running with your restricted session/token.

Thanks everyone for your help outlook is working ok now and I will disable uac for a while and see how that goes, Thanks again

Back