Windows 7 Need help ,can't get USB hubs and drivers to work !

axela85

Hey everybody , i've got this problem and i don't know what to do .Im wondering if you can give me a hand in solving this issue . Please , i tried everything ...

Every USB port i try to use on my pc wont work ,i still hear the windows sound for connecting a device and next the lower right icon pops out with "DEVICE DRIVER SOFTWARE WAS NOT SUCCESFULLY INSTALLED".

If i try pluging in a THUMB DRIVE (16gb usb3.0 transcend) i hear the device connecting sound but the drive isnt showing up in explorer or device manager .

My mouse and keyboard work just fine , they are seen in BIOS .

PC SPEC :

CPU
- i7- 3770k @ 3.90 Ghz-stock
Motherboard - Asus Maximus V Extreme
Memory- Corsair Vengeance RED @1866 -16 Gb- 2x8
GPU : - ATI RADEON HD 7970 Dual-X @ 3 GB GDDR 5 \384 bit
OS-Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1

Sorry , i forgot to mention i tried reinstalling the usb drivers from the ASUS M/B website but wont work.

As you probably know, Windows 7 does not come with USB 3.0 drivers included. I checked the ASUS website and beside the chipset drivers, you have controller drivers for USB 3.0 for the Intel and Asmedia controllers. The first two are a little confusing because they are designated a little differently, but the version seems to be the next sequence. Maybe the info on the download will tell you which one or both of those two you need, so it may require all three.

You might also check if you have the latest bios update.

As you probably know, Windows 7 does not come with USB 3.0 drivers included. I checked the ASUS website and beside the chipset drivers, you have controller drivers for USB 3.0 for the Intel and Asmedia controllers. The first two are a little confusing because they are designated a little differently, but the version seems to be the next sequence. Maybe the info on the download will tell you which one or both of those two you need, so it may require all three.

You might also check if you have the latest bios update.

I have the latest bios (1903).
Also tried installing the ASMEDIA drivers with NO luck .

Have you installed the chipset drivers?

You seem to have a USB modem. I do not know if it might be interfering, but you could try disconnecting it for testing.

Have you installed the chipset drivers?

You seem to have a USB modem. I do not know if it might be interfering, but you could try disconnecting it for testing.

Yes , i have installed the chipset drivers 1 year ago when i installed windows .
Ill do a reinstall. I dont have a USB modem.
I have a router from which my internet cable comes from into my MB but no modem.

Your Device Manger picture shows a modem, Samsung. If you do not actually have such a USB device, there may be a problem there. Try uninstalling it in the Device Manger.

The attachment is from an ASUS P8Z77-V Pro Motherboard. You can compare it to yours. The Unknown Device showing may be the Intel Management Engine which should be showing in the System Devices section and there may be a separate driver for it.

Attachments

• DevMgr.GIF
    DevMgr.GIF
    21.7 KB · Views: 361
Your Device Manger picture shows a modem, Samsung. If you do not actually have such a USB device, there may be a problem there. Try uninstalling it in the Device Manger.

The attachment is from an ASUS P8Z77-V Pro Motherboard. You can compare it to yours. The Unknown Device showing may be the Intel Management Engine which should be showing in the System Devices section and there may be a separate driver for it.
That modem that you're seeing is my smartphone samsung galaxy s4, dunno why is labeled like that.

Back
Top Bottom