Windows 8 Need help finding specifications for new laptop

Djenesis

I just made this account to post this question, not sure if this is the right place for it.

I'm looking to get a new laptop that is capable of running games like GTA V and Assassin's Creed Unity smoothly on medium or max settings. Here's what I'm looking at:
(since I can't post a link, search for "Toshiba PSPNVU-04505E Windows 8.1 Intel Core i7 Notebook" on the Staples website)

There are two details that I could not find: The number of cores and the specifics of the graphics card.

It apparently clocks in at 3.6GHz, so does it even really matter how many cores there are?

The graphics card is listed as "AMD Radeon/2GB". Is there a way for me to figure out which exact model it is? It may make the difference between whether I can run these games smoothly or not.

Last edited:
"Toshiba PSPNVU-04505E Windows 8.1 Intel Core i7 Notebook"

The code means this is a "made in China" copy of a p55t and you can assume this system... you can also go to the true website if you don't need English. :oops:

To be clear, ime most so called gaming laptops are a joke... how well it plays any game will depend on if you can keep it cool.

Thank you so much! The site actually classifies the laptop as business instead of gaming, but the specs on it are what I am looking at.

So according to the site you linked me to, the card is an AMD Radeon™ R9 M265X. I've been searching around, and I'm not sure how good this is compared to other cards. But combined with an i7 and 16gb ram, do you think that with the specs of this laptop I'll be able to run newer games smoothly on high settings?

the card is an AMD Radeon™ R9 M265X. I've been searching around, and I'm not sure how good this is compared to other cards.

But combined with an i7 and 16gb ram, do you think that with the specs of this laptop I'll be able to run newer games smoothly on high settings?

I have this chip in one of my clients laptops and game performance is very satisfactory however my personal experience is that Intel and AMD play badly together so I don’t like mixing them therefore No, I wouldn’t go with this machine but would look for an Intel cpu chip/ graphics or an AMD chip/ graphic instead.

Off topic: Windows 10 is about to come out and blar, blar, blar who cares except a new direct x is also due out soon that will both; supposedly blow all our current benchmark scoring out the airlock and only be for Windows 10 cards… buyer beware … if this laptop is something you need NOW and is cheaper because its older then fine and more power to you but in a year it will not be able to keep up with the Johnes!

Back