Windows 7 Need help involving some components.

Lakenz

Hey, a little newbie help for me, I wanted to buy some RAM for this motherboard:

ECS A770m-a

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Products/ProductsDetail.aspx
?detailid=844&CategoryID=1&DetailName=Specification&a
mp;MenuID=1&LanID=0

(copy paste the link, it doesn't seem to work otherwise sorry.)

And I found this:

Adata 2GB DDR2 800MHz Desktop RAM - Buy Adata 2GB DDR2 800MHz Desktop RAM at Mighty Ape

is that supported on the motherboard?

Sorry if I did not set the links up to win7forums standard, as I am a newbie.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hey, a little newbie help for me, I wanted to buy some RAM for this motherboard:

ECS A770m-a

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Products/ProductsDetail.aspx
?detailid=844&CategoryID=1&DetailName=Specification&a
mp;MenuID=1&LanID=0

(copy paste the link, it doesn't seem to work otherwise sorry.)

And I found this:

Adata 2GB DDR2 800MHz Desktop RAM - Buy Adata 2GB DDR2 800MHz Desktop RAM at Mighty Ape

is that supported on the motherboard?

Sorry if I did not set the links up to win7forums standard, as I am a newbie.

Thanks.

Try this for the best price Link Removed due to 404 Error

Oh, sorry if i didn't mention this. I live in New Zealand and $120 NZ dollars is the same as $88 US dollars. But that all aside, does that RAM I have in that link, work with that motherboard?

Oh, sorry if i didn't mention this. I live in New Zealand and $120 NZ dollars is the same as $88 US dollars. But that all aside, does that RAM I have in that link, work with that motherboard?

I put in your motherboard make/model to get to that link. Go to www.crucial.com and let it do a scan to confirm that the correct ram has been identified. I have had great success with low prices from crucial.

Except, NZ is at the other side of the world, I would just like to know if the RAM I posted in the link would work?

Thanks a lot man, im just wondering something though, for future use. If the motherboard says it can run up to ddr2 800, does that mean it can run every single desktop ddr2 Ram up to 800 mhz? because as im a noob, Theres all theres little extra words on the RAM like unbuffered etc.

Thanks a lot man, im just wondering something though, for future use. If the motherboard says it can run up to ddr2 800, does that mean it can run every single desktop ddr2 Ram up to 800 mhz? because as im a noob, Theres all theres little extra words on the RAM like unbuffered etc.

Crucial says unbuffered so I would stick with that. You can also use ddr2 667 but that would result in a sacrifice in performance. If you mix 667 and 800 you will run at the lower of the two speeds. It isn't clear whether your Adata RAM is buffered or unbuffered. You might want to check. I would trust Crucial's choice of unbuffered.

Back