Windows Vista Need help! Weird power management problem

U

Unregistered

When my computer goes into sleep mode theres times when it doesn't come back. Just a black screen. Computer is still on. Event log shows nothing. Is this a problem with Vista or my hardware?

Have you tried actually setting up your power management with a custom plan? It may solve your problems.

I have the same issue. I am using the 64bit version on a newly built system. All current components. Once the system goes to Sleep the video will not wake up. I see HD activity when I move my mouse but the video does not pick up.

Hoping SP1 once released will help with this.
RA

SP1 doesn't solve it. I had it again this morning. My hunch is that it's something in the Intel x3100 Video driver. Putting the system back to sleep and waking it again usually solves it for me.

Same problem, 3 different motherboards ASUS, Intel, and Biostar.

Changing Vista's power management settings made no difference, including SP1.

Solved(?) it by entering the bios and changed the power button from instant off to 4 sec delay. Now I just the tap the power button to wake the system.

Interesting... mine is already set that way. When the mouse move doesn't get the video going I use the power button. Still no luck.
Arghhhhhh.... Currently have sleep disabled so as to not have to do hard reboot to come out of sleep mode.
RA

Have you tried reconfiguring the power buttons? (I'm not sure if that would help or not but still it may be worth investigation)

Back
Top Bottom