Windows 7 Need help with fingerprint reader...

stevae

i am using win 7 7600 ultimate x64 version. and i have an authentec fingerprint reader, which normally uses digitalpersona software. now, when i used the x64 7229 build, i didn't have a problem with this. but when i decided to fresh load 7600 x64, the digitalpersona software is not compatible all the sudden, AND windows is telling me that it can't read the fingerprint scanner. i have looked all over the web for a solution, but haven't found one. CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS??????

Yeah I had a similar issue. What I did was follow the steps in this article: Enable Logon Using Biometric Fingerprint Reader in Windows 7 x86 & x64

But also, what I did before that was to uninstall the device in Device Manager and then did a scan for new devices. That fixed the problem.
--mike

i am using win 7 7600 ultimate x64 version. and i have an authentec fingerprint reader, which normally uses digitalpersona software. now, when i used the x64 7229 build, i didn't have a problem with this. but when i decided to fresh load 7600 x64, the digitalpersona software is not compatible all the sudden, AND windows is telling me that it can't read the fingerprint scanner. i have looked all over the web for a solution, but haven't found one. CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS??????

It also seems a new version of the Truesuite software was released, but I do not have access or a download link. Maybe you need to contact the local rep.

Back