Windows 10 Need help with Screen Shots using W10.

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

I'm trying to take screen shots in The Secret World using the Windows 10 Game Bar.
When I use it I get the tone and a popup appears saying The Secret World, Screen Shot Saved.

The problem is that I don't know where they are being saved and like most of the apps for Windows 10 it doesn't have the normal settings that you would expect, like "Where do you want to save your files?"

I've spent a half hour running searches for them and I haven't found them anyplace.
They are not being saved in the Pictures/Screenshots folder.

I've searched Users the whole C:\ drive etc, but since I don't know how it's tagging them it's hard to know what to look for, I've tried "Screenshot" no luck.

Anyone know how I can find the settings for the location that the Game Bar saves images to?

This is what drives me crazy about the Windows apps, nothing works the way you would expect it to.

Mike

Game bar screenshots and recordings are saved to your %UserProfile%\Videos\Captures

Hi

Thanks, I didn't think to look for images under videos.
They are there, so now I know where to look.

I don't suppose there's a way to have them saved in something like Screenshots?

Mike

If you move the folder to some other location the gamebar will start saving all captures in the new location. I'm not sure if there is any way to set different locations for screenshots and video captures.

Hi

What I did was connect the folder with the Quick Access menu.
Now I can get to the images without digging through my Users menu.

I then move the ones that I want to keep to my TSW Screen Shots folder after editing them in Photoshop.

Mike

Back