Windows 8 Need some expert help!

rb1989

OK to start I'm sorry if this is against the rules of the forum. I don't mean any disrespect. Ok so here's my dilemma..

I have a HP G6 Pavillion. I power it on and the HP symbol comes up and it says automatic repair. Then doesn't boot up just the blue screen with the frown face and it is only up for about a second before it restarts but it says like error, collecting data then we will restart for you. And it continues. I tried checking the test in the diagnostics and it has a battery failure( bc my ex swamped it for hers....fucking bitch move) then stops the test. I did them idivually and it seems the battery doesn't hold a charge anymore but still if its plugged in it should run. So I mean I tried ESC the f11 to do sys recovery but it just goes to a blank black screen. Nothing. I feel like its fixable and probably a software issue. This is my only laptop and I don't care if I have to factory reset or whatever I just would like to get back on this so I can use it for school.

So if anyone has been here and has brought a bitch back from the dead, please help me do some voodoo magic.

Dude. Any help is appreciated a million times over. Thanks in advance for taking the time to even read this.

-Ryan

Sent from my SM-S550TL using Tapatalk

I have a HP G6 Pavillion
a factory reset disc would prob put it back on Windows 7... and on that subject is it windows 8 or 8.1 at the moment?

having a dud battery isn't a major issue because they arn't that good to begin with but make sure you remove the bad one and just leave it out... I would not spend any money to replace it and I'd grab a new or refurbished laptop when the time comes.

so far, it sounds like you are stuck in a windows update cycle but the hardware should be fine (assume you have data backed up or its not important) your options in order;
formate it to linux, formate it factory (prob windows 7)... if you have some money then I'd invest in a new sshd laptop drive (not ssd the system is too old) and replace the old drive with that as it gives a clean install with the option to recover data from the old drive... if your hp is compleatly buggered (unlikly but possible) then you can still use a sshd in the next system.

Yah, bro'; it's stuck in what we call a "boot-loop".:waah: Norway's given you great instructions to fix it. More than likely your AC adapter is also bad, and if you buy one of those cheapo batteries on ebay, it will only last 6 months tops! Next, it's an HP-which I detest! That thing is going on 6 years old, and you are going to be spending $100 on it assuming your charging circuit on your Motherboard isn't bad. *you can only tell this by replacing BOTH the AC Adapter and a brand new battery of any quality*. If that's the case, a new Mobo will run you between $400-$1,500 depending on what country you live in. :waah:

Assuming you ignore my advice, which lots of my Clients do and stick with that HP (I would run over it with my truck if I could!); you should also suspect your Hard Drive as being the cause of the failure. Modern laptop manufacturers (built in 2009 or later as yours is; c. 2011) only design hard drives to last 2 years in laptops! :eek: No more. Only 3 years in desktop PCs. o_O This means that if you are the original owner of this laptop and neither you or your ex-wife replaced the hard drive in that G6 or paid someone else to do so, it's almost a certainty that it's failing or has failed completely.:waah:

I would suggest that you test your hard drive with diagnostics as contained in my free TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE available here: Windows 10 - Unclickable Task Bar

If your hard drive returns any errors from the tests, it has failed and needs to be replaced! :waah: Hard drives for laptops that old are usually $100 or less on ebay, amazon, or newegg.com. If you know how to do this, great, you can save yourself a few bucks on the labor. Bear in mind if you follow my instructions, you are looking at about $200 if you DIY the laptop yourself. This is a lot to spend on a laptop that's going to be 6 years old, and not a good reliable brand (not sure why you bought HP; maybe you didn't read the online reviews :bigtongue:). You can buy a brand new Dell W10 laptop for $225 at Best Buy any day of the week. If you're willing to stand in line on Black Friday, I have Customers who picked them up last November for $179!! :ohyea: That's cheaper than trying to replace old broken parts (AC adapter, battery, and Hard Drive) in that laptop. Something to think about. :andwhat: Then give that whole HP G6 back to your ex-and let her enjoy the full range of frustrations that go along with owning one! :p :rofl:

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Back
Top Bottom