Windows 10 Need some help with PC

aristala

Hi there, I don't know anything about PCs, I've tried doing some fixes threads have shared, some YouTube videos - etc, I just don't really know what the problem is to fix.

My PC was working fine, could run games on high/ultra graphics with no problem, but recently I've been getting heavy lag spikes that make some of the games I'm playing at the time completely unplayable - I keep trying to mess with settings but the thing is I just don't know what I'm doing and it's getting pretty defeating so I've come here for some help.

Here's some info about my PC.

Intel Core i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. X99-E (SOCKET 2011)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (PNY)
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1065MHz

Speedtest results: Down: 232 Mbps Up: 12 Mbps

If you mean network latency, then a lot of that is going to be out of your control.

If you're on a copper connection (probably not since they don't support that high of speeds) they can suffer when you're far from an ISP CO or for broadband you'll get slower speeds during peak usage times. There really isn't anything you can do about these.

Other issues would be just a congested provider network out there in the ether and if it's with particular games that require a connect to their network they could be under load or even simply the game servers are under load and again nothing you can really do about that.

Some of the best Troubleshooting Steps are given below;
1. You can disable your antivirus and other software, omegle that might interfere with a game's proper operation.
2. You should also try running the game as an administrator, which can sometimes clear up crashing issues.
3. Besides, Reinstall the game to confirm all files installed correctly.

Back
Top Bottom