Need suggestions

Hello, I am looking to upgrade and I need some advice.

I'm currently considering purchasing Windows Vista Ultimate (Full) version, It doesn't say 32 or 64 Bit though on the box or details.

If I go with Vista x64 I'm ready for the future, but 75% of my games and applications
won't run on it.

If I go with Vista x32 alot of my stuff will work, but in terms of gaming I don't get to see the
cool DX10 64Bit effects over the 32Bit effects.

I need to know - Which version would be best for gaming and video authoring

I cannot afford to spend $399.00 for Vista 32
Another $399.00 for Vista 64 after the drivers and apps are more supported.

Am I also correct in my understanding that an upgrade version limits - 1 Reinstall Only, while a full version is unlimited reinstalls?

Here is my current OS Specs:
ASUS P5W DH Deluxe
Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo
2x 1GB Corsair 6400C4 4- 4- 4-12 Ram Timings
2x ATI 1950XTX in Crossfire Mode - Vista 32/64 Drivers Available
1x XFI-Extreme Music w/ Klipsch 5.1 Gamer System - Vista 32/64 Drivers Available
1x Marvell Gigabit Lan Yukon 88E8053 Ethernet Card - Vista 32/64 Drivers Available

My primary PC uses:
-VirtualDub Xvid 1.1.2 *.avi video authoring and Vorbis OGG/AC3 5.1
-Games that I normally (F.E.A.R./Need For Speed Series/Far Cry/Splinter Cell/SWAT/Falcon 4 FF3 & SP42/SWAT Series/Rainbow Six Series/Half-Life Series/
Dark Messiah/Doom Series)
-C++ Programming

U

Unregistered

it'll work

All of your 32-bit apps will run on the 64-bit os. Your 32-bit apps just aren't made to take advantage of the increased bit space. No worries, the performance will be identical.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.