Windows 8 NETIO.sys RANDOM CRASHES

Syed Kashif

I have been fightin for days but cant find a solution....
Here is the dmp file...
please help......

Attachments

• 111712-13109-01.zip
    32 KB · Views: 377
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007F, {8, 82267280, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!PplGenericAllocateFunction+35 )

Followup: MachineOwner

The UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP bug check has a value of 0x0000007F. This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.
This trap could be a bound trap (a trap the kernel is not permitted to catch) or a double fault (a fault that occurred while processing an earlier fault, which always results in a system failure).
Cause

Bug check 0x7F typically occurs after you install a faulty or mismatched hardware (especially memory) or if installed hardware fails.
A double fault can occur when the kernel stack overflows. This overflow occurs if multiple drivers are attached to the same stack. For example, if two file system filter drivers are attached to the same stack and then the file system recurses back in, the stack overflows.

I checked through the driver stack and your running a very old Intel driver. Please update all drivers to the latest versions found via your manufacturers web page:

Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States]

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007F, {8, 82267280, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!PplGenericAllocateFunction+35 )

Followup: MachineOwner

The UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP bug check has a value of 0x0000007F. This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.
This trap could be a bound trap (a trap the kernel is not permitted to catch) or a double fault (a fault that occurred while processing an earlier fault, which always results in a system failure).
Cause

Bug check 0x7F typically occurs after you install a faulty or mismatched hardware (especially memory) or if installed hardware fails.
A double fault can occur when the kernel stack overflows. This overflow occurs if multiple drivers are attached to the same stack. For example, if two file system filter drivers are attached to the same stack and then the file system recurses back in, the stack overflows.

I checked through the driver stack and your running a very old Intel driver. Please update all drivers to the latest versions found via your manufacturers web page:

Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States]

Thank u for taking time bt can u pinpoint to which intel driver needs updating bcoz all of my drivers are already updated...

This is the driver from the dmp file:

HECI.sys Wed Oct 20 00:33:38 2010

I've also arrowed the download:

intel.jpg

This is the driver from the dmp file:

HECI.sys Wed Oct 20 00:33:38 2010

I've also arrowed the download:

View attachment 715

I downloaded the driver you marked but when i intalled it, a dialog box apperead saying that a newer version is installed in your computer would you like to overwrite that with this older version and i overwrote....
And also i am getting intel management engine update in windows update dated to october 2010 but i have hidden it....

I hoped that it was dead but....
It came again....
Good to see that netio.sys was not involved this time...
Analyze and help me pls.......

Attachments

• 111712-12546-01.zip
    32.2 KB · Views: 316
Hi yes one was for NETIO.SYS again. The other was caused by the intel graphics driver. Can you please un-install and then re-install your network driver just to make sure thats ok. I noticed a driver dated from 2006 but it's a securom driver, do you play any old games at all? Also when do the bsod's happen? Is it anytime or when your doing something particular?

Also please run a system file checker. Right click on cmd prompt and run as admin. Type:

sfc /scannow

Press enter and then wait to see the results.

Try a chkdsk as well. Right click on My computer, choose properties, Tools and then check for errors.

Hi yes one was for NETIO.SYS again. The other was caused by the intel graphics driver. Can you please un-install and then re-install your network driver just to make sure thats ok. I noticed a driver dated from 2006 but it's a securom driver, do you play any old games at all? Also when do the bsod's happen? Is it anytime or when your doing something particular?

Also please run a system file checker. Right click on cmd prompt and run as admin. Type:

sfc /scannow

Press enter and then wait to see the results.

Try a chkdsk as well. Right click on My computer, choose properties, Tools and then check for errors.

I have already re installed the network and graphics driver many a times and i dont usually play games in it and the games which are installed are downloaded via windows store....
Well i will system file check and chk dsk and let you know the results....

Just out of interest, when you say you installed the graphics and network drivers many times did you un-install them first?

I have system file checked and got the following report saying that windows has repaired many corrupted files.........

Attachments

• CBS.zip
    77 KB · Views: 339
Almost all the dmp files had a bugcheck code of 0x7F:

Cause

Please check your RAM. If you have two sticks please try and remove one until testing is over. Use the app found here:
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
and test for 7/8 passes. It's important to test one stick at a time so that errors are not missed and that you know which, if any, is the faulty stick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost all the dmp files had a bugcheck code of 0x7F:

Please check your RAM. If you have two sticks please try and remove one until testing is over. Use the app found here:
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
and test for 7/8 passes. It's important to test one stick at a time so that errors are not missed and that you know which, if any, is the faulty stick.

Sir, its a new laptop....
merely 3 months old...
I can guarantee it is not the problem in this case....

It is entirely possible to buy bad RAM. If however you are worried I should imagine the machine is still under warranty, yes? You could always take it back.

Ok.. Please post from the beginning what actually happened with your install. Was the machine originally installed with windows 7 and you installed windows 8? If so when did it start blue screening?

It is entirely possible to buy bad RAM. If however you are worried I should imagine the machine is still under warranty, yes? You could always take it back.

Ok.. Please post from the beginning what actually happened with your install. Was the machine originally installed with windows 7 and you installed windows 8? If so when did it start blue screening?

Sir it started blue screening the moment i installed win 8.....
win 7 was perfect btw....
i can guarantee ram is not involved...
AND ONE MORE THING...
DELL's WEBSITE DOESN'T SHOW 32 BIT DRIVERS AND COMES PRE INSTALLED WITH 64 BIT WINDOWS 7...
BUT I HAVE INSTALLED WINDOWS 8 32 BIT...
COULD THAT BE THE CASE??
WHAT DO YOU THINK....

Did you perform a clean install? Even so, I'm pretty sure there lies your problem.

Did you perform a clean install? Even so, I'm pretty sure there lies your problem.

Yeah i cleaned installed for sure....
And i installed it twice..
When it started blue screening i reinstalled it but found no way out..
And sir i love win 8 and that is why i dont wanna go back to win 7...
pls help me out.........

Back