network activity light

Netgear wg111v.3 USB wireless card network activity light flashes continuously while there is no actual network activity ongoing according to task manager and my router. I am installed using the netgear smart wizard which i can't uninstall easily though i didn't give it the full try can anyone corroberate this finding.

iroken22

Extraordinary Member
Premium Supporter
I have the same netgear adapter and have not had any trouble with it. My question is does it get internet? IF so why do we care about the blinking light?

Definitely not a real problem just an oddity those are all i've found in seven no real problems just little quirks. It did jump me around for a minute trying to find out what program was accessing my network (i dont like data changing places unless i tell it to) but once discovered that that wasn't the case i'll live with the light show. if one immediately knows the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.