Windows 7 Network error 0x80070035

Davidd

Just did an upgrade install of Windows 7 over Vista 64-bit. Everything is perfect except for the dreaded 0x80070035 "The network path was not found" error when I try to connect to my HPserver NAS. It worked perfectly under Vista. I can see the server in Explorer and I can ping the address. I can also access music from the streaming media side of the server. I can also access another Vista machine on the network without problems.

Windows firewall is disabled and anti-virus is turned off. File sharing is on and everything is on the same Workgroup.

I have tried many suggestions from the web but nothing seems to work.

Just did an upgrade install of Windows 7 over Vista 64-bit. Everything is perfect except for the dreaded 0x80070035 "The network path was not found" error when I try to connect to my HPserver NAS. It worked perfectly under Vista. I can see the server in Explorer and I can ping the address. I can also access music from the streaming media side of the server. I can also access another Vista machine on the network without problems.

Windows firewall is disabled and anti-virus is turned off. File sharing is on and everything is on the same Workgroup.

I have tried many suggestions from the web but nothing seems to work.

Is it possible that your NAS device does not support NTLM V2. You may try setting your Win7 machine using
1. Open gpedit.msc.
2. Find the policy
Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options ->Network security: LAN Manager authentication level.
Try adjusting this to Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated.
See if that helps....you can always set it back if no joy.

Thanks for the suggestion about, "Try adjusting this to Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated."
I had already read something similar and it does not make any difference. Is that something that changed between Vista and 7? Because the only thing that's changed is the 7 install. No other settings changed and hardware was never unplugged.

Back