Windows 7 Network Problem

Beaker

On my network I have a HDX 1000 networked media tank.
The NMT is set to go to sleep if there is no activity after 10 minutes.
Now if I have an open window connected to the NMT on my PC when the NMT goes to sleep I get a BSoD instantly.
Is anyone else having similar problems?
This does not happen on my other PC which is running Vista Ultimate which is also connected to the same network.
I am runnig Windows 7 x64 bulid 7000.

Solution
It seems like you are experiencing a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) issue when your HDX 1000 Networked Media Tank (NMT) goes to sleep, causing a crash on your Windows 7 x64 system. This issue might be related to a driver conflict or some compatibility issue between your NMT and your Windows 7 system. To troubleshoot this problem, here are some steps you can follow: 1. Check for Driver Updates: - Ensure that all drivers on your system are up to date, especially the network drivers and any drivers related to the NMT. You can visit the manufacturer's website for driver updates. 2. Disable Automatic Sleep: - Temporarily disable the automatic sleep feature on your NMT to see if the BSoD still occurs. This will help you determine if...
It seems like you are experiencing a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) issue when your HDX 1000 Networked Media Tank (NMT) goes to sleep, causing a crash on your Windows 7 x64 system. This issue might be related to a driver conflict or some compatibility issue between your NMT and your Windows 7 system. To troubleshoot this problem, here are some steps you can follow: 1. Check for Driver Updates: - Ensure that all drivers on your system are up to date, especially the network drivers and any drivers related to the NMT. You can visit the manufacturer's website for driver updates. 2. Disable Automatic Sleep: - Temporarily disable the automatic sleep feature on your NMT to see if the BSoD still occurs. This will help you determine if the sleep function is the root cause of the problem. 3. Check Event Viewer for Error Messages: - Look at the Event Viewer on your Windows 7 system to see if there are any specific error messages or logs related to the BSoD. This might provide more information on what is causing the crash. 4. Update Windows 7: - Make sure that your Windows 7 system is fully updated with the latest patches and updates. Sometimes, system updates can resolve compatibility issues. 5. Check for System Compatibility: - Verify that your NMT is compatible with Windows 7 x64. Some older devices may not be fully compatible with newer operating systems. 6. Test on Another Network: - If possible, try connecting your Windows 7 system to a different network to see if the issue persists. This can help identify if the problem is specific to your network setup. 7. Contact Manufacturer Support: - Reach out to the manufacturer of the HDX 1000 NMT for any known issues or troubleshooting steps specific to their device. If after trying these steps the issue persists, you may need to delve deeper into the specific configurations and settings related to the HDX 1000 NMT and its interaction with your Windows 7 system for a more detailed troubleshooting process.

Solution
Back