Windows 8 Network Simulator/Emulator Software Windows 8.1

Network Simulator/Emulator Software Windows 8.1

• Tutorials

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Software advice

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mswebnewbie

Hey guys I am looking for free Network simulator/emulator software, for a Windows 8.1 ,64 bit machine . I know there is Dummynet but seems like there is problems with a 64 bit machine. I am looking for a quick set-up type alternative that will eg sit in-between my network-card on my laptop and my WiFi router . My goal is to set it up so I can control the amount of bandwidth and latency and delay my WebRTC peerjs application is receiving. ie to test it under different network scenarios .The more options for tweaking the Network constraints and the easier to set up the better.

I know Microsoft has a Network emulator for windows toolkit I have installed it and followed this video but it doesn't seem to be applying the latency I add to the filter.or getting in any internet through its RT traffic monitor.
These are the steps I followed I downloaded the 64 bit version, installed it. then started to follow the video first choosing the ADSL choice on the drop down list , then applying latency of 25ms and leaving the bandwidth to 512 and doing the same with the next step except leaving the bandwidth to 128. Then I move onto the filter part I I delete the the preset one and follow the video and put my IP address in where he does in the remote IP part and put 255.255.255.255 in the ip mask part, I go to action and start the program, I do a ping test and the latency is not applied. any suggestions where I am going wrong ?

Can this emulator run as a standalone program or does this need to run with visual studio ?. Does this sit in-between my network card and my wifi ?. Would it need to be physically connected to my router like ie via a Ethernet cable.? I wanted Network emulator software to sit in-between my network-card on my laptop and my WiFi router so I can control the bandwidth and latency and delay my WebRTC peerjs application is receiving from the wireless signal .Trying find tutorials on this is very hard at the moment, so any tips on other software that I can use , or help with this program is very welcome

Thank you for taking the time to help me out

Hi,
unfortunately this isn't my area of expertise but what about asking some of those questions on the same page of the video?

Back