Windows 7 New build, fresh win 7 install in just freezes after about 20 seconds of install

tyson679

Hey guys, first off I want to say everyone here rocks. I just got done puting together a new computer and turned it on. It seems to post fine other then it saying no drives found. then the dvd kicks in and starts loading windows. it loads for about 20 seconds, then goes to starting windows it has the 4 colors lighting up above loading windows then everything just freezes the colors stop moving and it just sits there frozen. I have let it sit for an hour. I have tried lots of stuff here are the computer specs below. and some of the stuff I have done.

Antec twelve hundred case
I7 920
Ausus P6T Motherboard
Master cooler V8 CPU cooler. antec silver thermal paste put on.
12 gigs of OCZ DDR3 1600 ( all installed )
Antec 950w power supply
Nvidia GTX 950 coop
WD green 1 TB HD.
Hitachi dvd-rw drive

Their is no speaker on the antec case so I cant hear the beeps, but everything seems to post fine?

I put in 3 sticks of ram ( tripple channel ) instead of the 6 sticks I had before
tried a different HD, and even formatted it on a different computer
swapped out the optical drive dvd with one I know works
unplugged everything from the Mother board that I didnt need right away
all power connectors are installed properly
put in the voltage and timing of the ram manually
have it booting from dvd first
unpluged my usb keyboard ( this time it let me get further but then still freezes half way through install, and I let sit there for hours and still frozen )

Try tapping Alt-Ctl-Del and see if Task Manage pops up.if so,choose New >Task, and type in explorer.exe.

But you said it was almost installed Could you tell me last screen you saw>
was the screen where it shows check marks on the left, it says unpacking files, then under that it says installing files, and so forth. their is a progress bar at the bottom of the bottom of the screen.

Oh,thats only the first stage of install

I would remove at least 4 GB of RAM ,make sure every USB device unplugged

In other words,this is first OS being installed the compute after building it,,correct?

Try that for now, ,do you have a 32-biy version a well?

Back
Top Bottom