Windows 7 New computer crashing randomly like my last one.

BlockBlazerMC

Hello. Previously I've had a computer that would randomly crash, as if I forced it to shut down. Unfortunately, that pc is dead. a capacitor blew in the power source. But my problem now is I have migrated to my dad's pc. None of the problems with my old pc occured until I started using it. So I need advice on what the issue could be.

I scanned both of my USB flash drives fully with AVG and nothing was found. I only run the programs I use from the flash drive. But if anyone happens to know which one could be the issue, i'll list my whole flash drive.

Main flash drive:
3'rd party minecraft clients
{ATlauncher (minecraft modded client)}
{FTB (minecraft modded client)}
{ImageToMapx1.4 (mincraft map creating utility)}
{McEdit (minecraft map creating utility)}
{McEdit-0.1.7.1} (an older version of McEdit)}
{NBT Explorer (minecraft data editor)}
{Technic launcher (minecraft modded client)}
{world painter (minecraft map creator)}
{AMIDST (minecraft seed finder)}
{Banner Maker (minecraft banner generator)}

Model Project
{Blender portable (animating program)}
{PMDEditor (japanese file converter for blender)}
{PMXEditor (japanese file converter for blender)}
{pymeshio (japanese addon for blender})
{other files such as gif, png, jpeg, obj (for blender), and DH(blender image file)}

Cube word cracked
{cube world folder}
{CWME (Cube World Model Editor)}

Portable Programs
{Clownfish (skype addon)}
{GIMP portable (like photoshop, but free)}
{winrar portable}
Minecraft

My other flash drive:

CharacterEditor (Cube world character)
{The program its self}
{some dll files that make the program work}

Pokemmo (pokemon multiplayer)
{the program its self}

Jclicker <----- This was suspicious at first. Its a auto clicker that glitches sometimes, but AVG didn't pick it up.

Emulators
{DeSmuME (nintendo Ds emulator)}
{VisualBoyAdvanced (nintendo game boy advance emulator)}

Xpadder (a program that allows you to change the controls of pc controllers)

And a lot of the stuff in this flash drive was repeated from my main one, so i didn't bother to list them.
That was both of my flash drives listed, so if anyone has a clue what the hell im doing wrong, please comment on this thread. Thanks.

Hi,
apologies as it seems your post has been missed. Do you still need any help with this issue?

Hi,
apologies as it seems your post has been missed. Do you still need any help with this issue?

Yes, I still need help. Im still unsure of what the issue is. Everything I use is ran from my flash drives and AVG didn't pick anything up from ether of them.

Hi,
When your fathers pc crashes is it a bsod?

Does the crash occur when you use the same program or does it happen at anytime?

Have you checked the event log?

Hi,
When your fathers pc crashes is it a bsod?

Does the crash occur when you use the same program or does it happen at anytime?

Have you checked the event log?
When the pc crashes, its like I forced it to shot down by pressing the power button, and when it starts back up, a message appears saying "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown." I click more details and it does say blue screen, but there is no blue screen when it happens. As for running the program, I am unsure on which one is causing it. That is why I am here. To see if anyone happens to know anything related to one of the things i use which I do not know..

If it is an actual bsod you may find that a dump file has been created for each event. These can be found in a folder marked 'Minidump' which is located in the main Windows folder.
If you can't find anything like that then your machine may not have been configured to produce them. To ensure your system is set to produce dump files:
Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be
found later.
Click and apply to exit the dialogs.
You'll also need to make sure your Pagefile is at least 200mb but if you've never touched it don't worry about it. Once you've changed the settings above you'll just need to wait for another event and see if a dump file is produced. If it does then read this thread on how best to post them:
http://windowsforum.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help-with-a-bsod-problem.38837/

I also moved your thread to the correct section.

Last edited:
If it is an actual bsod you may find that a dump file has been created for each event. These can be found in a folder marked 'Minidump' which is located in the main Windows folder.
If you can't find anything like that then your machine may not have been configured to produce them. To ensure your system is set to produce dump files:
Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be
found later.
Click and apply to exit the dialogs.
You'll also need to make sure your Pagefile is at least 200mb but if you've never touched it don't worry about it. Once you've changed the settings above you'll just need to wait for another event and see if a dump file is produced. If it does then read this thread on how best to post them:
http://windowsforum.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help-with-a-bsod-problem.38837/

I also moved your thread to the correct section.
ok, so I did happen to find a DMP file in the Minidump directory, but the question is what do i do with it? Do i open it with notepad to read it?

Back
Top Bottom