New Features and Changes

What do you think of the website's overall performance in terms of speed and connectivity?

• Worse and Slow!?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
See attachment. This is by just typing in the quick reply box and submitting the quick reply. Something not quite working(for me anyway) with these Post reply faciities

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
Ok everyone. I have listed the problems as they stand at the bottom of the first post as an update. Non-admins and mods have been given some extra rep for responding to this thread.

Mike
Looks pretty good. I think it would be helpful if links were a different color or font from the text because they are not always easy to spot.
Joe

You can change the color of the links yourself by highlighting it and choose the ColorPalete (the one with the big A.

I change mine to dark blue.

Same with the font, this only takes seconds.

You can change the color of the links yourself by highlighting it and choose the ColorPalete (the one with the big A.

I change mine to dark blue.

Same with the font, this only takes seconds.

but i doubt users know that when you send them an answer with a link they dont spot ;)

but i doubt users know that when you send them an answer with a link they dont spot ;)

The problem is that the link style is a globalized variable that effects most of the site, so if I were to make it underlined it would look terrible. I made it a dark blue, but apparently that is not enough. I'm not sure what I can do on this front again, but I'll look into it after tomorrow's patch.

One thing I noticed missing tonight was the buddy list. If I remember correctly it was down on the right-hand side of the forum index page and it's very handy if sending private messages. Any chance it could return or was it 'custom'?

Comments

Here are a few things I have noticed:

1. New post and What's New appear to be the same.

2. Some options on my personal profile can't be filled out, such as "level, system and software"

3. I can't find a way to change my avatar and the old library of images I had seems to have disappeared.

Referring to my previous post #9.

As there are no other comments, I think I may be alone in this matter. But I arnestly feel that some functions have become over complicated.
I think I am alone, when I say that myt use of forums is basically functional. Eye candy, platitudes, award systems do not hold a great deal of interest. This is probably to my personal loss!
But, as this thread is specifically to air our comments, I would like to add these. My point is that the previous format, in these instances, was more efficient.

1. The new attachment system is very cumbersome. But apart from this, it no longer appears possible, by using the paperclip on the top bar, to place the pictures where you want them. It must be done manually. Also, there does not seem to be a good way to clear out your attachments box, without making them no longer available to the posts to which they are attached?? Maybe there is?

2. (and 3.) The new methods of handling Pms and subscribed posts, are way over the top for their purpose. A large drop down menu and three mouse clicks? Two pictures attached.

Link Removed due to 404 Error Link Removed due to 404 Error

4. I remarked in another thread, and Tblount has also pointed out, "New posts" and "Whats New" are the same thing. Maybe one or the other could be replaced by the "Todays posts" . , which I am aware you are working on.

5. Difficult, if not totally impossible. Is there ant way that "Newsy" (RSS feeds etc) could be filtered so there is no, or not too much, repetition. I realise they are on a robot so maybe it cannot be done. about three days ago, for example, there were about 15 different RSS feeds to the same item and, worst, more on the same subject over the next couple of days. I realise they can be ignored, so it is not a big deal, but it does clutter the "New posts"

Last edited:
Here are a few things I have noticed:

1. New post and What's New appear to be the same.

2. Some options on my personal profile can't be filled out, such as "level, system and software"

3. I can't find a way to change my avatar and the old library of images I had seems to have disappeared.

For 1. this is supposed to be that way, unfortunately

For 2. this could be a browser problem I have not seen this, what browser are you using again?

For 3. This is a major problem that I am looking into and will hopefully be fixed upon the next major patch

Facebook have set up an ability to reply to a comment by email - is there anyway that this could be done here?

Basher

No offense Basher

but I think the whole idea of any forum is to allow other members to see the posts and respond to them.;)

Back