New Features and Changes

What do you think of the website's overall performance in terms of speed and connectivity?

• Worse and Slow!?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bios

2007-2008 Updates to WinVistaForums.com

Good day!

If you visit the site often you may have wondered what is going on lately. We have currently made some changes. This includes new features and updates. You will not be able to see most of the updates, but they do improve the overall usefulness of WinVistaForums.com!
  • Our content management (front page) system has been updated with bug fixes.
  • The entire theme of the site has been updated for faster load times and ease of use.
  • The image gallery is back online (it was down for a couple days).
  • Registered members no longer see any advertisements of any kind.
  • Our profile system has been updated with bug fixes and should respond faster.
  • When you post a link to certain media sites like YouTube or Google Video, the video will now appear and embed in your post.
  • New users will now receive an e-mail once a day by default if anyone replies to their post. (This can be disabled in User Control Panel)
We are currently experimenting with several changes to the website over the next coming days. Thanks for your support.

Update 19th of Sept: The site was pulled down briefly to make some changes to improve performance. Sorry for any inconvenience!

The stylesheets were optimized. There are now more font and color choices.

Re: Update to WinVistaForums.com

If you are a registered member, you can now include complete details about your computer(s) under Settings | Edit Profile. The details you fill out will be searchable on your member profile and can be seen by other forum members to help diagnose computer problems. Some of this information is also automatically added to the forum statistics page.

November 16th Update

We have added new dynamic user content to the homepage using Javascript and AJAX. If you don't like it you can still bookmark the classic homepage.

The forum software has been updated for security, and the blogs area has been search engine optimized. Blog posts will also respond to pingbacks and trackbacks. This allows server communication to blogs on other websites.

We hope you like these changes.

Have a nice day. :)

As we have already announced, we recently changed the server we are using to a new physical location. It can now handle much more traffic. The web server has also been updated and is running with better performance.

Thanks for all your work guys, I'm sure I speak for many when I say it's very much appreciated.. :D

Coming soon

We are working with a professional development studio, EyeStorm, to re-design WinVistaForums.com. We are also going to be upgrading our forum software (vBulletin) around this time to a newer version, which has new features. I'll update this when more information is available.

Hi Mike

Sounds great!!!

Lets hope our present and new members continue to support your efforts and make this forum "first call" for posts.

We are in the final stages now. Our web developer will be on the site this week. :)

Just to get back on topic...Thanx for the update..:D

Looks nice thanks guys for all your hard work it is much appreciated Link Removed due to 404 Error

Wow, very sleek. Cool design too.Didn't tale too long to find where everything was plus the messaging and Facebook style profiles look very proffessional Again much thanx for the hard work..:D

It may be how I have my moniter set up but the writing on the right-hand side of the web page (at the top, your name,private messages ect...) is quite hard to read unless of course you pass the mouse over it but maybe it would be better in a darker colour? When you pass the mouse over and it goes dark it really stands out but as white not so much.. Like I said maybe it's me but anyways I bet your very pleased with the way it looks (and works), good job!

A new image resizer has been added which will work on all parts of the website. This helps to prevent people who post giant screenshots from messing up the website. Each member can customize the options for this resizing or turn it off all together in User CP -> Settings & Options -> Edit Options -> The Image Resizer

Ditto... Thanks for the hard work you put into the site. :)

Inactive accounts were removed

Inactive accounts were removed 12/12/2008

To clean-up the website database, any user who had not logged in for 365 days or made at least post has been had their user account deleted. This is over 1,500 user accounts that were taking up space in the database and they have been deleted.

If you are one of these individuals who has lost their account, you are more than welcome to join the website again, but we are encouraging more active participation on WinVistaForums.com.

Back