fay68

I am installing Windows 7 Home Premium on a 1 TB hard drive. It currently has Windows 7 Ultimate, but apparently it's not genuine so I have to do a new installation. My question is how do I move my music library (Windows Media Player and iTunes) and virtual-box to my external? I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

Solution
To move your music library, you can follow these steps:
### Moving Music Library from Windows Media Player:
1. Open Windows Media Player.
2. Open the Library section and select "Music."
3. Choose the songs you want to move by holding down CTRL on your keyboard while clicking on each song.
4. Right-click on the selected songs and choose "Open File Location."
5. This action will show you where the files are stored. Copy these files to your external drive.
### Moving iTunes Library:
1. Open iTunes.
2. Select "Edit" and then "Preferences."
3. In the Advanced tab, you will see your iTunes Media folder location.
4. Navigate to this location in your File Explorer and copy the music files to your external drive.
### Moving VirtualBox:
1. Locate...
To move your music library, you can follow these steps:
### Moving Music Library from Windows Media Player:
1. Open Windows Media Player.
2. Open the Library section and select "Music."
3. Choose the songs you want to move by holding down CTRL on your keyboard while clicking on each song.
4. Right-click on the selected songs and choose "Open File Location."
5. This action will show you where the files are stored. Copy these files to your external drive.
### Moving iTunes Library:
1. Open iTunes.
2. Select "Edit" and then "Preferences."
3. In the Advanced tab, you will see your iTunes Media folder location.
4. Navigate to this location in your File Explorer and copy the music files to your external drive.
### Moving VirtualBox:
1. Locate the VirtualBox VM files on your current hard drive.
2. Copy the entire VirtualBox VMs folder to your external drive.
After copying the files to the external drive, you can reinstall Windows 7 Home Premium on your 1 TB hard drive. Once the new installation is complete, you can copy the files back from your external drive to the appropriate locations on the new installation.

Solution
Back