Windows 10 New printer properties menu???

Tristan401

Good afternoon.
Here are some pictures of this issue. The one named "correct" is what I'm wanting. "Incorrect" is what's happening now.
Link to pictures

My boss just got a new computer. All of our computers before have had the correct printer properties menu.
When he goes to any print menu in an application (CTRL+P), and clicks the properties button, it gives him this new properties menu.
This new menu has a grand total of about 3 options. The correct menu has probably 30. Also, the new one has less than half the available paper sizes, and it doesn't include the size of paper I need.

I need to be able to switch to the correct properties menu, and it baffles me that a google search didn't turn up any results because how is anyone dealing with this?
Also, I'd love to know what caused it to do that. And I'd love to know what MS was thinking when they did this.

Anyways, we're a metal fab shop who needs to print blueprints, and now only half of us can print, and it's getting to be a hassle to print everything for him. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Is this a network printer or local printing? If local does everyone have the same printer model? Does everyone have the correct drivers installed? Which application(s) show you the minimalist menu? Applications can have their own print menus or they can pull from Windows, so yes some applications will have different menus.

Is this a network printer or local printing? If local does everyone have the same printer model? Does everyone have the correct drivers installed? Which application(s) show you the minimalist menu? Applications can have their own print menus or they can pull from Windows, so yes some applications will have different menus.

They are both networked printers.
Both printers we have are Epson WF-7620.
All applications behave the same everywhere. Both computers are like that.
Also, both computers are the same version of Windows 10, and both are Dell laptops.
The one that has the correct menu is a Dell Precision M6700.
The one that has the incorrect menu is a Dell Precision 7720.

Back