Windows Vista New Problem With Java

Celestra

Former Moderator
Just took an update to "JAVA" today. Now every move I make on the Internet I get a warning "Java wants to run this program ALLOW, NOT ALLOW. If I hit the Don't Allow everything works same as usual. Anybody know what this is about? I've got a new console in tools: Home User Directory. I don't know how to use? It gives options like: clear console, finalize objects on finalization queue, garbage collect, display this help message, dump class loader list, print memory usage, trigger logging, reload proxy configuration--- and more.

I have updated Java on several computers recently and have not seen this problem. Try uninstalling and then re-installing Java?

Mike? Hi...It seems to have calmed down today. Yesterday every time I hit a link I'd get some kind of warning. I did consider re-installing it, I wasn't sure. I have this Java Console with no instructions on how to use it. (I can see they're planning to download all kinds of stuff without my permission- without the instructions I may refuse)

If you click the Java icon in the Control Panel, you will find all the options which you can use or discard. It should take care of your problem.

Hi!! I believe I found the source of the problem. The first Java download was un-eventful, however, must have picked up a "Trojan.Zlob", with download. (218 Registry Entries, 16 Files, 1 Brower Cache affected). Despite constant Cache
Cleaning, a couple attempts from Registry Cleaner and several Scans From Norton, only caught Trojan today (7 Treats). Yes, Thank You Mike I did re-install Java 6 update 7. Now am having trouble 403 error MSN Opening Page. I can connect with the website but am unable to view the page. I can open through messenger OK- for now. Anybody know how to correct this? One more question for anybody in the know- I want to download the Vista Installation Disk. I think I have Windows X86 because Internet Security lists it in the scan. How can I verify my disk version on my own?:)

Back
Top Bottom