Windows 7 New Sony Vaio E series multiple BSOD's of varying kinds

kemiro2

Hey Forum!

Okay so I recently bought a Sony Vaio E series but im experiencing lots of BSOD's and ive had 4 different kinds so far. They appear to be completely random and even occur during the laptop's sleep!

Some possibilities perhaps? In the store from which i bought it I upgraded the ram from 4GB to 8 GB with only 1 RAM ship. It was however working fine till I tried to uninstall a program i put to allow me to login with my Ubikey. After that, or at least i think so, ive been having very bad BSODs. I tried all kinds of things even paid both patelogic and auslogics which both made it worse as "windows could not start." That was a waste of $100..

Could someone please help me out? I really need this computer for work but its crashing all the time. I have quite a lot of dump files that any of you can see.

Thanks so much in advance already!

KevinView attachment minidumps.zip

Your dumpfiles indicate a consequence more than a cause. The cause is, I believe, beyond and before Windows. Have you taken a look at what Windows Event Viewer has to say? Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer.

It could be as easy a problem (!) that your memory is not compatible. Not knowing the model of your Vaio, I can't say anything. But looking through the different models, there were only two that supported 8Gb memory. Please give the exact model you have, as well as the memory you have.

It could also be basic drivers = mobo etc.

But, since you suspect something happened while uninstalling a certain program, I suggest you check that. Revo Uninstaller is a great tool, I've used it for several years, I even went as far as to buy their Pro-version. But the basic one is free, Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems, and works swell. It takes off registry marks, helps to keep your computer clean. It may notice some leftovers of the program you mention - btw, you could name the program?

Another, somewhat disputed issue is registry fixing / cleaning. Many endorse programs that do it, many warn about the whole sector of activity. Well, I've used Free Window Registry Repair for years, can't say I've had any problems. Free Window Registry Repair: a windows registry repair freeware., and it's yours BUT BE SURE TO GO TO OPTIONS AND HAVE IT MAKE A RESTORATION POINT. That way you can return, if needed. The registry is the nerve center, most vulnerable, and if it gets messed up... you're doomed.

Hope there was something here. And hope you get it running. :)

Thanks for the help Titanic! So I took your advice and went through the event viewer. I went through all the different kinds of event tabs and found out that my BSOD or the "critical Errors" started way before I installed anything at all! So Im confident in saying that it is most likely not that application. The name of the application is Rohos, and I do not recommend it either way because uninstalling it was a HUGE pain and left traces everywhere. Not to mention that I could no longer get into my computer and needed to run in safemode as means to access a restore point and apply it.

So as you said, it might in fact be the RAM that I put into the machine. Funny thing is I did it in the shop because they told me it would be fine. THEN AGAIN... I dont know why I took his word for it. Most of the time I find my self knowing much more than the sales people. Here's Model ID of my machine so you can check exactly what model it is: SVE14AA11W . Im going to try and find the old RAM chip that came with it and put it back. Otherwise I might consider just running on the other 4GB RAM chip till I find another solution because I simply cannot work like this.

I downloaded Revo and will be using it anyways. I know it will come in handy and ill take your word for it that it works good. Thanks for the help and I hope to hear a reply!

Kevin.

The Sony pages don't show that precise type you mention. They've probably changed types, like manufacturers do all the time... But, in the E Series they only have one that supports 8Gb memory = 2x4Gb. Do you have 2x4Gb, or 1x8Gb? 8Gb stick is not supported --- UNLESS there's something about the models, and your model actually supports one. However, I doubt it.

Another thing I didn't really notice earlier was the fact that you get BSODs during sleep - sorry, your computer gets them during its sleep...not trying to insult you here, am I? That could indicate a battery defect. Although, Windows' sleep / hibernation functions have caused some problems along the rocky road. But I don't think you have a Windows issue.

Best wishes :)

Pauli

Hello there!

Sorry to hijack the thread. If it's OK i'll make few suggestions :

There are few traces of btmhsf.sys i.e. Bluetooth High Speed Filter Driver from Intel Corporation. I would recommend to reinstall your Bluetooth drivers and your chip set drivers Check Sony's website you'll find them there.

Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:
[FONT=lucida console]
Built by: 7601.17835.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030
Debug session time: Fri Jul  6 16:33:55.686 2012 (GMT+5)
System Uptime: 0 days 7:31:22.592
BugCheck C5, {8, 2, 0, fffff800035afa9b}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for btmhsf.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for btmhsf.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+1df )
BUGCHECK_STR:  0xC5_2
PROCESS_NAME:  System
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
Debug session time: Mon Jul  9 13:31:35.226 2012 (GMT+5)
System Uptime: 2 days 3:56:19.131
BugCheck C5, {fffffffffffffff8, 2, 0, fffff80003611dd3}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStor.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStor.sys
Probably caused by : CLASSPNP.SYS ( CLASSPNP!TransferPktComplete+1ce )
BUGCHECK_STR:  0xC5_2
PROCESS_NAME:  System
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
Debug session time: Thu Jul 12 20:30:31.329 2012 (GMT+5)
System Uptime: 0 days 8:51:49.235
BugCheck A, {1, 2, 0, fffff800034fff11}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiResolveProtoPteFault+151 )
BUGCHECK_STR:  0xA
PROCESS_NAME:  wmpnscfg.exe
Debug session time: Tue Jul 17 23:21:52.108 2012 (GMT+6)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:28:02.014
BugCheck 3B, {c0000096, fffff800034e8447, fffff880075e84a0, 0}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x3B

[/FONT]

Back