New SSD. Existing Windows 7 x64 install on standard HDD. Want everything moved to SSD.

mp3sgt

I bought a smallish but low priced 64GB SSD on SATA II. I have already changed over to AHCI successfully and initiated the TRIM command. I have a 640GB HDD. I have brought used space to below 59 GB(actual capacity of SSD). However when using Driveclone I cannot copy because it does not have enough space on the destination drive. Is there a low cost or free copy program that can copy that over to the SSD? Or any other ideas? I would like to make my SSD my boot drive with all my current settings and programs so I do not lose the 2 years worth of Windows settings, programs, etc. I already have a backup of everything important on an external HDD. I already uninstalled lesser programs for the move. I will reinstall those to drive "D" which I want to be my mechanical HDD. So. Any good advice? Thanks!

mp3sgt

I have solved this issue with a program from Paragon specifically suited to move operating systems from existing HDD installations to SSD's. Thanks for looking.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.