Windows 7 New SSD. Existing Windows 7 x64 install on standard HDD. Want everything moved to SSD.

mp3sgt

I bought a smallish but low priced 64GB SSD on SATA II. I have already changed over to AHCI successfully and initiated the TRIM command. I have a 640GB HDD. I have brought used space to below 59 GB(actual capacity of SSD). However when using Driveclone I cannot copy because it does not have enough space on the destination drive. Is there a low cost or free copy program that can copy that over to the SSD? Or any other ideas? I would like to make my SSD my boot drive with all my current settings and programs so I do not lose the 2 years worth of Windows settings, programs, etc. I already have a backup of everything important on an external HDD. I already uninstalled lesser programs for the move. I will reinstall those to drive "D" which I want to be my mechanical HDD. So. Any good advice? Thanks!

I have solved this issue with a program from Paragon specifically suited to move operating systems from existing HDD installations to SSD's. Thanks for looking.

Back
Top Bottom