Windows 7 [News] Windows 7 7022, 7032, & 7048 x64 have Leaked

jimbo45

Hi guys
If you haven't started using build 7022 (X-64) then build 7048 is actually out now . As to the question Where - " Well If I gave you the answer I'd have to kill you".

Point of this post is to say if you MUST download a later version than build 7000 go for the latest.

Actually with these builds appearing "Thick and fast" it looks like the RC1 will be out soon (and I mean really soon). So why not wait possibly 4 or 5 weeks more and get the OFFICIAL RC1.

Cheers
jimbo

--------------------------------------------------

Sorry to interject and kind of hijack the post, but I've decided to make this the official Leak post for the three builds.

Info we have as of now;
7048 x64 is REAL, and has been leaked. (it's not an ISO, but the files from inside the ISO.)
7032 x64 and 7022 x64 have also leaked for real, however it's now irrelevant since 7048 is out.
7022 x86 is still the most recent 32-Bit build out there.

Please comment here instead of making new threads about the builds, and NO, we can't tell you where or how to get them.

Thanks.

Kyle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously? Crap, it'd be nice if I could just upgrade to the latest build instead of having to re-download /update to it, if that's what you mean by "pick the latest one"

=/

Seriously? Crap, it'd be nice if I could just upgrade to the latest build instead of having to re-download /update to it, if that's what you mean by "pick the latest one"

=/

Lol, I know what you mean. I just installed 7022 x64 yesterday, and now it's on to 7048 x64.

Maybe Windows should take a leaf out of Linux's book -- Issue Delta ISO's -- these are ISO's that just install / modify the updates on top of the previous version and are of course a lot smaller than the original base product.

The disadvantage however is that if you have to de a re-install then you have to install the base and then go through the entire set of delta iso's in order.

Being Beta's IMO the delta method is the way to do it but obviously Microsoft has other ideas.

Cheers
jimbo

Maybe Windows should take a leaf out of Linux's book -- Issue Delta ISO's -- these are ISO's that just install / modify the updates on top of the previous version and are of course a lot smaller than the original base product.

The disadvantage however is that if you have to de a re-install then you have to install the base and then go through the entire set of delta iso's in order.

Being Beta's IMO the delta method is the way to do it but obviously Microsoft has other ideas.

Cheers
jimbo

That's a great idea Jimbo, although if Microsoft ever did that, we would probably see a bunch of Delta leaks, and never the base install ISO. :razz:

Oh, i'm downloading it right now and it looks like i'll get it in about 10 hours...
Let's see, is it real or fake

And i agree with that idea of upgrading to newer builds throuh updates, because it's alittle bit stupid to wait and download every new build, and then burning it to dvd...

Maybe the wisest course of action here would be to continue using the Beta build 7000 that Microsoft was kind enough to release to anyone and everyone that wanted it... and then once the RC is released (which is also rumoured to be a mass release as well) we can all give that a try.. ;) It's pointless in my opinion to go out and get later builds that are nothing more than daily internal builds anyway, when the RC is coming quicker than we think.. I admit build 7022 is better than build 7000 and I have no doubt builds 7033 and 7048 are even better than that but I for one will not be downloading those builds, I will continue to use the Beta build 7000 and continue to report bugs and problems until the RC is released... :)

Hi there
Whilst I am 99.9% pleased with W7 a real showstooper on me for a laptop (I'm not buying a new one just yet) was the necessity of being able to connect it to a Wired Lan in an office -- the office won't allow you to connect to their internal LAN via a wireless connection (VPN connection is a different matter).

So I was very interested to see if the LAN problem had been fixed in later builds -- I did have a USB==>LAN adapter and a PCI express AGERE systems Lan adapter both of which worked but it's much better if the standard LAN worked.

I also need some TV applications -- since I'm testing some Beta code from Hauppage (Win TV 7) I need the latest version of Windows - otherwise the test is no good.

incidentally IE8 on build 7048 doesn't mark it as IE8 RC1 any more.

I suspect a public RC1 will actually appear very soon -- but builds 7022 and 7048 are "significant" milestones in the build process.

Cheers
jimbo

Last edited:
Hmm... if i'm using build 7022 x86, i have to reinstall it to x64 before i upgrade to build 7048 x64?

You will have to do a clean install. You can't 'upgrade' from an x86 OS to an x64 OS.. ;) So you'll have to format the partition that you wish to put the x64 OS on and then clean install it...

lol, those screenies are awesome Kyle. I love the work in Paint. :razz:

Wow...three leaks in, what, 4 days? That's freakin' awesome.

Last edited:
Haha, yeah, I like to add my personal touch to all my screenies.
But yeah, three leaks, and there's word of a fourth. Shhh. ;)

From the real "Whisper Vine" RC1 will be available to "Those in the know" during the ist week of april (hopefully not apr 1).
A public RC1 should be freely downloadable on or around 10 April.

Still uncertain at this time whether the public beta keys will still work or whether a new set will be available. The talk is that as there is likely to be even MORE interest in the RC1 than there was for the beta (now so many people have tried it and liked it that more will be tempted) they don't want to flood the licensing servers with zillions of people licensing loads of copies on zillions of computers . There's some "internal" discussion going on as to whether to "Stress test" the licensing servers or just keep the RC1 public launch simple.

RC1 will be the last "Freely leakable" version --- so they say but I think we've all heard that before --if the CIA and old the KGB couldn't keep stuff 100% totally in house --even BEFORE there was an Internet , Microsoft haven't got ANY chance.

Cheers
jimbo

Is it possible to make .ISO file from these files and then burn it to dvd for installing this build?

Yes
Extract the boot sector from the 7000 build DVD
Then use UltraISO or equivalent to make a bootable DVD from the Windows 7 files.

The 7022 build is a bootable ISO anyway -- Don't know about 7032 but 7048 you'll have to make your own bootable ISO --otherwise just run setup from VISTA x-64, or Win 7 build 7000 (x-64)
Just google on Making a Windows bootable CD

cheers

jimbo

All these leaks are really starting to make me think it was done purposely by Microsoft... I mean really.. if you go back and look at when XP was just coming out and Vista as well for that matter. MS made a much bigger deal about the leaked versions then they are with Windows 7.. ;) I'm not complaining, just an interesting observation in my opinion..

So is the rumour that the RC will be showing it's pretty face on or around April 10th for the general public still floating around? or has that been proven false..? I've been away for the last couple of days on business so I've been out of the rumour loop.. ;)

Back