Windows 7 [News] Windows 7 7022, 7032, & 7048 x64 have Leaked

i love a good conspiracy....

so whats the purpose or desired outcome?
I agree this is strange to see this many leaks in so few days, but why not do another limited beta release...unless of course they want to see the magnatude of the potential future piracy....
Or maybe they want to identify the torrent sites for future litigation....
Or maybe they just want limited feedback before the RC....

I need a gin and tonic...w/a lime

On or around Apr 10
I suspect the 7042 was leaked with a bit of "connivance" with (from -- correct English ? anyone) Microsoft as they want to finalize some serious testing with Media center and player before the RC1 goes public -- the public has wanted Multimedia so M$ need to make sure it works

For me however it just hung my machine when I tried using either of my TV cards (Hauppage USB / Pinnacle Usb) (Build 7042 X-64).

Not sure with these "unofficial builds" whether we should send feeedback to MS however.

I've reverted back to build 7022 on my laptop where it all worked OK.

Incidentally (another post) but the Windows Expeeience Index kept crashing on my laptop on build 7048 - worked fine on build 7022 so I hope thre's some last minute updates before RC1 -- I'm not bothering any more with build 705X etc if they exist.

Cheers
jimbo

Being very new to this forum and also new to W7, I am currently using build 7000 that was released to the public. I hear all the chatter about other builds and would like to "step up". How can one do that? Where are these "leaks"? I trust I am not asking a taboo question but I am genuinely excited about W7 and I want to see it succeed where Vista did not. Although I am currently using XP, Vista and W7 I look forward to having all of my household computers runnig the same OS again one day soon. Thanks for any help or insight you may send my way.

If you want to find official download links for these leaks, you won't!
Look in torrents ;)

Radenight, i'm on your side about idea that those leaks are are given to us with a little help of M$. And why i think that? People like us are downloading, installing using those leaks and then posting their problems in all possible forums, so M$ can easily see what do they have to fix or change. And... M$ gets all this information for free... isn't that great for them?

Sorry, but there's something slimy about getting software that was "leaked" by some Microsoft employee.

I'll wait for an officially sanctioned release from Microsoft.

:)

Yes
Extract the boot sector from the 7000 build DVD
Then use UltraISO or equivalent to make a bootable DVD from the Windows 7 files.

The 7022 build is a bootable ISO anyway -- Don't know about 7032 but 7048 you'll have to make your own bootable ISO --otherwise just run setup from VISTA x-64, or Win 7 build 7000 (x-64)
Just google on Making a Windows bootable CD

cheers

jimbo

Can i ask for a little bit more explanation? please... What file exactly do i hae to extrect from 7000 and add to 7048?
I can't do it with vLite, because it's not vista installation...

Can i ask for a little bit more explanation? please... What file exactly do i hae to extrect from 7000 and add to 7048?
I can't do it with vLite, because it's not vista installation...

You need to extract the one that says Microsoft Corporation ... that one then load it with ultraiso in boot menu and then drag the rest of the fiiles, finally go to file/save as and nameit under the extension .iso and thats it... after that you just need to burn it with nero or other program... good luck on this ;) that was the way i make it..

peace dude.

P.S.
You can extract the Microsoft corporation file from a previous version of w7 or inclusive you can extract it from vista ... i try with the one from vista and it did work just fine... regards

Being very new to this forum and also new to W7, I am currently using build 7000 that was released to the public. I hear all the chatter about other builds and would like to \"step up\". How can one do that? Where are these \"leaks\"? I trust I am not asking a taboo question but I am genuinely excited about W7 and I want to see it succeed where Vista did not. Although I am currently using XP, Vista and W7 I look forward to having all of my household computers runnig the same OS again one day soon. Thanks for any help or insight you may send my way.

As stated by jefins.. you won't find the answer to the question "where are these leaks?" here.. that's not something we discuss at Windows7forums... ;) and it's against the forum rules to post such links...

As far as using one... All I'm going to say about that is if you do somehow get a hold of one of the leaked builds.. than it would be best to do a clean install... that is to say format the partition with build 7000 on it then boot off the new build's ISO and clean install it.. ;) You'll get the best possible results that way and have to deal with hopefully 0 problems.. If you need further assistance for installing it don't hesitate to ask, we're all glad to help out.. :) The key you used to activate build 7000 will also work on the leaked builds..

There have been quite a few reports stating that Build 7022 is much better than build 7000 (that one I can confirm as I am currently using build 7022 on my main PC and build 7000 on one of my other pc's).. I haven't tried any of the other builds; 7032, 7047 or 7048 but I have also heard that they are also MUCH better than builds 7000 and build 7022...

Being March 5 today it's almost more to your benefit to just wait for the RC anyway.. It's still rumoured to be released on April 10 to the general public.. (I CAN'T WAIT!! :) ) So really, rather then risk getting an infected ISO of a later build I'd suggest just waiting until the RC shows it's face.... I share your enthusiam for wanting Windows 7 to succeed where Vista did not though.. and judging from how far 7 has come since the alpha build 6801 I really don't think Microsoft needs to worry.. I honestly think they have a huge winner on their hands this time around....

In the meantime here's a link to an excellent site all about Windows in general.. and VERY extensive Windows 7 coverage.. including info about the latest builds.. Link Removed due to 404 Error
That site has tons of great info on 7.. Enjoy!

Thanks Ulverizzed, i did it with PoweISO - i took build 7022, Action-boot-save boot information, saved it on desktop, then made an iso file from that build 7048, PowerISO - Action-boot-add boot information-added that file from desktop and it looks like everything is fine.

Oh, i'm blind or they haven't put ReadyBoost feature in build 7048?
It was great for me on vista because i have only 768mb ram, but i have 4GB memory stick...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom