Windows 7 No Access Rights to Disk Management

Pooua

I have a 2 year-old home-built computer with OEM Windows 7 Pro installed. A few days ago, Windows 7 randomly decided that I "do not have access rights to Logical Disk Manager," even though I had used it just a few minutes earlier. I've tried to restore access rights to Disk Manager, but my efforts have been futile so far. I've run dcomcnfg, though Microsoft's instructions are for Windows 2000, and MS' search feature won't pull up anything for Windows 7 (I notice that just now when I try using Yahoo! Search, all I get is a blank screen).

How do I restore access rights to Logical Disk Manager?

Hi

I haven't been able to find anything either, for anything later than Vista and there was no solution there.

Do you have a restore point from a few days ago?

It's worth a shot.

This seems to be a generic error message that doesn't mean anything specific.

When does the error message come up in the process, when you try to open disk manager, or when you try and use it?

It seems to throw this message, if you can't do what you are trying to do, instead of saying you can't do that.

Mike

Here's my search that turned up the most responses.

https://www.google.com/search?q=log...chrome.3.57j0l3j60l2&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Last edited:
Have you installed new software, viz. on security side? Or anything related? >>> Goes to what Mike notes about a restoration point.

Back