Windows 7 No access to Partition.

WaxyCloth

Hi,

Incase anyone asks, I have searched around as much as possible before asking this, but I have been unable to find an answer.

I have upgraded from Vista to 7. While I was using Vista I had a seperate partition that had all the software that originally came with my laptop.

Now I have installed Windows 7 I need to have access to these files so I can get the extra bits on my laptop to work. My problem is that I can't see the partition in Explorer anymore. I know it is still there because I can see it in Disk Management.

Can someone help me try and get access to this please. I have attached a screen shot of the disk management if that helps. (Its the partition that is 9.28gb)

Thanks

Attachments

• Disk Management.jpg
    Disk Management.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 462
Highlight the drive in question and assign it a drive letter such as D or any you desire

Thanks. I have tried that, but there is no option to assign a letter to it. When I right click on the drive the only option I have is help.

The software in that partition may be more in the form of an image instead of individual setup options to reinstall software. Which means, it might redo the entire installation.

If you cannot put a drive letter on it, you may want to use another utility to see if it is hidden. Try downloading and burning the bootable version of Partition Wizard. If it is hidden, you can unhide it.

There is also a chance it uses a different type of formatting.

If you can't find anything that works, check the manufacturer.

Back
Top Bottom