Windows 7 No audio in random programms

MattLoaf

This problem is now solved!

Hello,
Recently my Windows 7 machine has decided that it will only play audio from Windows (bongs etc), WinAMP and Skype - That's it, nothing else. I get no audio from FireFox, while playing Minecraft or Grand Theft Auto IV.

Below is some screenshots of various sound management area's and explanations of various things in the image:

Link Removed due to 404 Error
This image shows the two volume controls I get after clicking the volume control icon on the notification tray. The left slider is titled "Digital Output (4- USB Multi-Channel Audio Device)" and the right slider is titled "Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)".

This image shows that "Realtek High Definition Audio" is not actually running. The fourth icon is the driver software used with the USB sounds card I am using.

This image shows the driver software used with the USB sounds card I am using.

This image shows the volume mixer for the first slider. The left icon is titled "Digital Output (4- USB Multi-Channel Audio Device)".

This image shows the volume mixer for the second slider.

This image shows the contents of the drop down list in the first volume mixer. The second volume mixer has the same drop down menu.

Edit 1:
I am now seeing this volume mixer.

* Denotes a bong noise being played when the slider is clicked on.

If you require more information please let me know and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks for reading,
~ Matt.

Last edited:
Have you tried selecting one of those other choices under the Digital Output button? Or maybe you should get an updated version of your audio driver and install it.

Have you tried selecting one of those other choices under the Digital Output button? Or maybe you should get an updated version of your audio driver and install it.

I've tried each setting with a music video playing in FireFox and I have re-installed the device drivers and the problem persists.

We have received your request to have this thread closed. Please be aware of the following things:
- The "report post" button should only be used to report violation to our ToS, please do not use the function for other reasons
- We do not close threads on Windows7Forums.com after they have been solved simply because it's more efficient to keep an open community.

However, thank you for following up on your problem to notify others that it has been solved, and as always thanks for using Windows 7 forums, I hope to see you around :)

Back
Top Bottom