Windows 7 No Sound from System

I just installed Win 7 build 7000 on my system and there is no sound from my X-Fi Gamer card. Card and speakers are OK in Vista 32 bit Ultimate. Went to manufacturer site and got the Vista driver but it does not recognize operating system and suggests I upgrade to Windows XP. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I had the same problem with my X-fi Creative card and it took me awhile to get sound, but I did !

First I updated the drivers from the CD that came with the card, that got the card recognized, then I downloaded the latest drivers from Creative. But don't install with that !!!

Open it with an extraction tool such as Winrar and extract all the folders and files. One will be drivers. Then go back to Hardware Manager and upgrade your card drivers, pointing the source to the drivers folder which you have now extracted. Bingo !!

Sound now works perfectly and including the 5.1 is etc . Let us know how you get on.

I was having the same problem with no sound. This is what worked for me...

- Click on the volume icon in the system tray, then click on the icon at the top of the volume slider
- Go to Properties
- Then Change Settings
- Driver tab
- Roll Back Driver
- Reboot

Works great now. Just using onboard sound (no sound card).

Back