Windows 7 No Window 7 with new computer.

blackzr

Hi i just got the new computer and from what i know currently, if you buy a new computer than you will get a free window 7 later.

Not sure how to get the window 7 later... either some kind of coupon or the new computer is made to download window 7 for free...

I didn't find any window 7 coupon FYI.

'Blkzr',

This applies to a list of select mainstream brands/manufacturers & bought between June 26, '09 & Jan, 31, '10. The retailer where the machine was bought should issue an eligibility coupon. If, the make is on the list, go to the retailer & ask for the coupon. @ that point you will, also, get instructions & know how to approach the redemption process (w/ Microsoft).

Regards,
Drew
I ordered my new computer from Gateaway at Futureshop and did the pick-up. You think i can go where i picked my computer and ask for coupon?

Go and ask, nothing to be lost

I ordered my new computer from Gateaway at Futureshop and did the pick-up. You think i can go where i picked my computer and ask for coupon?

You probably should go, or at least just drop a phone call to them, and ask. Read carefully, tho, what Drew said - This particular upgrade offer only applies to CERTAIN models from CERTAIN manufacturers and is not a blanket offer to all computer purchases within the time period. Call the store and ask if your make and model is covered. You have saved your receipt just in case, haven't you!

Good Luck!

You probably should go, or at least just drop a phone call to them, and ask. Read carefully, tho, what Drew said - This particular upgrade offer only applies to CERTAIN models from CERTAIN manufacturers and is not a blanket offer to all computer purchases within the time period. Call the store and ask if your make and model is covered. You have saved your receipt just in case, haven't you!

Good Luck!
Of course i still have receipt. But regarding what Drew said... it's possible that my computer is not in list for free window 7. But better than not trying.
I'll go tommorow personally because before when we were getting computer - almost got tricked by them for buying Window CD to install in new computer because it's "empty"... which was a lie.

Back
Top Bottom