Windows 8 Nokia N8 unable to connect to Windows 8.1 via bluetooth

fairgrace

Please help! Since upgrading to Windows 8.1 I'm not able to connect to my laptop via bluetooth. My Nokia N8 is paired OK with the laptop, but whenever I try to send a photo, I get the message 'unable to connect'. It was all fine with Windows 8!

I can't seem to find any answer for this anywhere...help!

Thank you and regards

Solution
It seems you are facing connectivity issues with Bluetooth on your Windows 8.1 after upgrading from Windows 8. Let's troubleshoot this problem together. Here are some steps you can take to try and resolve the issue:
### Troubleshooting Steps for Bluetooth Connectivity Issue:
1. Check Bluetooth Settings:
- Ensure that Bluetooth is turned on both on your laptop and Nokia N8.
- Make sure that your devices are set to be discoverable and within range of each other.
2. Remove and Re-Pair the Devices:
- Remove the existing pairing between your laptop and Nokia N8.
- Re-pair the devices following the correct pairing process. Sometimes re-establishing the connection can fix the issue.
3. Update Bluetooth Drivers:...
It seems you are facing connectivity issues with Bluetooth on your Windows 8.1 after upgrading from Windows 8. Let's troubleshoot this problem together. Here are some steps you can take to try and resolve the issue:
### Troubleshooting Steps for Bluetooth Connectivity Issue:
1. Check Bluetooth Settings:
- Ensure that Bluetooth is turned on both on your laptop and Nokia N8.
- Make sure that your devices are set to be discoverable and within range of each other.
2. Remove and Re-Pair the Devices:
- Remove the existing pairing between your laptop and Nokia N8.
- Re-pair the devices following the correct pairing process. Sometimes re-establishing the connection can fix the issue.
3. Update Bluetooth Drivers:
- Check if your laptop's Bluetooth drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can cause connectivity problems.
- Visit the manufacturer's website or use Windows Update to search for driver updates.
4. Check Bluetooth Service:
- Ensure that the Bluetooth Support Service is running on your laptop.
- Press Windows key + R, type services.msc, find "Bluetooth Support Service," and ensure it's running.
5. Run Bluetooth Troubleshooter:
- Windows has built-in troubleshooters that can help diagnose and fix common Bluetooth issues.
- Go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Bluetooth and run the troubleshooter.
6. Check for Interference:
- Bluetooth connections can be affected by interference from other devices or Wi-Fi networks.
- Move your devices closer together or away from potential sources of interference.
7. Restart Devices:
- Sometimes a simple restart of both devices can help resolve connectivity issues.
8. Check Application Compatibility:
- Ensure that the application you are using to share photos is compatible with Bluetooth file transfers.
9. Reset Network Settings:
- Resetting the network settings on your laptop can sometimes help with Bluetooth connectivity issues.
- Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network reset and follow the instructions.
### Additional Tips:
  • Ensure that both your laptop and Nokia N8 have sufficient battery power.
  • Try sending different types of files or testing the Bluetooth connection with another device to see if the issue persists.
After trying these steps, if you are still unable to connect via Bluetooth, please provide more details on any error messages or specific behaviors you notice during the connection process.

Solution
Back