Windows 10 Non-Microsoft programs startup "alert"

jPaulB

Extraordinary Member
Hi Everybody,

I've been living with this minor irritant for a long time. I wonder if I can find a setting that will allow me to simply go around this weird-issue and never make me look at it again.

Whenever I start a program (that was not produced by Microsoft) I will get an alert asking if "I really want want to let this program make changes to my device?"
The alert will kick whatever program is in focus to the background, and display the desktop image along with that alert. It doesn't look like I can do anything else othe than respond with a "YES" or "NO".

Can anyone tell me what the idea is about this alert, and how to avoid it?

Many thanks,

Paul

Hi Everybody,

I've been living with this minor irritant for a long time. I wonder if I can find a setting that will allow me to simply go around this weird-issue and never make me look at it again.

Whenever I start a program (that was not produced by Microsoft) I will get an alert asking if "I really want want to let this program make changes to my device?"
The alert will kick whatever program is in focus to the background, and display the desktop image along with that alert. It doesn't look like I can do anything else othe than respond with a "YES" or "NO".

Can anyone tell me what the idea is about this alert, and how to avoid it?

Many thanks,

Paul
I think these may be UNSIGNED executables... My suggestion is that you try to use the COMPATIBILITY-mode on these programs..
Check out the headline: How to Run an App in Compatibility Mode at: How to Set Compatibility Mode for Apps in Windows 10

Back
Top Bottom