Windows 7 Norsk tastatur for den russisk laptop

Vetka2010

Baklager at jeg vil skrive på engelsk
I`m from Russia, but I learn norwegian so i decided to connect the virtual norwegian layout and switch off the english one. It`s okay, but on my keyboard there is a wide/long left Shift even though i can see that there is a short Shift and a small key. Is there anything i can do about it?
I`m not sure if i ask my question in the right theme, but it seems that my keyboard simply has 1 key less. Is it possible? Do you know any ways to cope with it?

Solution
It sounds like you've configured your keyboard layout to Norwegian and are facing an issue with the Shift key on your physical keyboard not matching the layout you've selected. Here are a few steps you can try to address this issue: 1. Check Keyboard Settings: - Verify that your keyboard layout settings in Windows match the physical layout of your keyboard. Sometimes, the actual physical layout of the keyboard might differ from the software setting. 2. Change Keyboard Layout: - You can try changing the keyboard layout settings in Windows to a different Norwegian layout to see if it aligns better with your physical keyboard. 3. Customize Keyboard Layout: - If the standard Norwegian layout doesn't match your physical...
It sounds like you've configured your keyboard layout to Norwegian and are facing an issue with the Shift key on your physical keyboard not matching the layout you've selected. Here are a few steps you can try to address this issue: 1. Check Keyboard Settings: - Verify that your keyboard layout settings in Windows match the physical layout of your keyboard. Sometimes, the actual physical layout of the keyboard might differ from the software setting. 2. Change Keyboard Layout: - You can try changing the keyboard layout settings in Windows to a different Norwegian layout to see if it aligns better with your physical keyboard. 3. Customize Keyboard Layout: - If the standard Norwegian layout doesn't match your physical keyboard, you can create a custom keyboard layout that fits your keyboard configuration. This requires some technical knowledge but can be done using tools like Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator. 4. Use On-Screen Keyboard: - As a temporary solution, you can use the on-screen keyboard in Windows. This virtual keyboard will display the keys as per the selected layout, allowing you to input text accurately. 5. Key Remapping Software: - You can use third-party key remapping software to remap the keys on your keyboard. This way, you can customize the keys to match the layout you've selected. 6. Physically Replace the Key: - If none of the software solutions work, you can consider physically replacing the key on your keyboard with one that matches the layout better. However, this requires caution and some technical skills. By trying these methods, you should be able to overcome the mismatch between your selected Norwegian layout and the physical layout of your keyboard. If you need further assistance or detailed instructions on any of these steps, feel free to ask!

Solution
Back